Chapter Six

(Rafe)

The only thing that everyone at the house seemed to talk about was Jj finally coming home. It never ended, because Jj was just so special he had to be talked about 24/7. I hated it, I hated him. Many reasons believe it or not, but mostly because he actually did shit with his life and Ward couldn't help but come after me for it.

If I didn't do something he'd say, "Jj did it, so can you."

If I couldn't do something he'd say, "Jj could, why can't you?"

If I failed at something he'd say, "Why can't you be more life Jj?"

Get it? It never stopped, ever since he left Ward didn't have his picture perfect boy to show around and he was stuck with me. Jj was like a possession for him, I mean Ward would always talk about how good Jj was at baseball or how he was traveling around the world with his supposed girlfriend or how far Jjs come considering his childhood.

But what about Rafe? I'm surprised he still remembers I live here or that he has a son, I mean JJ's only like half. So now you see why I despite him? I was happy, actually, that he was coming back and not because Ward will finally be off my back but because I have a shot at ruining his life like he did mine.

His girlfriend was really pretty, now I see why Jj didn't show her around too much, cause damn. "Aren't we lucky to finally get to meet you." Rose joked, walking towards them. His girlfriend smiled and when I tell you that she has the most perfect smile ever you better fucking believe it.

(Kie)

Jj shook his head at what Rose had said. "It's so good to meet you too, I'm Kiara." I told her. She was really pretty and looked young for her age. "Rose, you can call me Rose. You're so pretty, sweetie. Jj why have you been hiding this beauty?" She said and I just laughed. "This is Ward, Jjs step father." She told me. "Hi, its nice meeting you." I said. "You too, you know I never really pegged Jj as a 'travel across the globe' type, I always thought he was just going to stick to baseball, but then Sarah told me you changed his mind and I thought 'Wow, I have to meet this lady immediately.'" I chuckled, "Did she? Hm, well I'm glad I did, the views and cities were priceless." I shared. "You'll have to tell me more about it later." Ward said, before going over to Jj. I don't know why I was so nervous about meeting them, he had such a beautiful family.

"Kiara, right?" I heard someone say, and I turned to look at them, and realized it was Rafe. "Yeah, yeah. That's me." I said. "I'm Rafe, nice meeting you." He told me, extending his hand and I shook it. "Jjs brother, huh?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "Step, step brother. But yeah, what gave it away?" "The blond hair." I joked and he laughed. "No, we're just related by Ward, in which you've already met." "Yeah, you have such a nice family." I told him. "Thanks, so how was traveling?" He asked me. "It was amazing, a lot of breath taking views." "Nothing like Outer Banks though, right?" I chuckled, "Nothing." I replied. That's when I felt someone touch my shoulder, "Baby, we're going inside to eat." Jj said. "Oh okay, Rafe it was really nice talking to you." I told him. "Pleasures all mine. Jj, long time no see." "Rafe." Was all Jj said, and we began walking towards the house.

"What'd you think of them?" He asked me, holding my hand. "They were nice." I responded. "Yeah?" "Mhm." "Good, they loved you." He told me, "Really?" I asked, surprised. He just chuckled and leaned in, giving me a peck on my lips. "I love you." He mumbled. "I love you too."