Chapter Twenty Six

(Kie)

"The food is ready!" Rose quipped, walking over to where me and Wheezie were tanning by the pool. I took off my sunglasses, getting up from the chair.

"Your swimsuit is so cute, Kiara." Rose commented on my black bikini as we walked to the kitchen. "Aw, thanks. I think Sarah got this one for me actually." I responded.

I grabbed some plates and cups, setting them in front of her so she could serve the steak. I passed out the plates on the table, and poured lemonade in the cups.

"It's smells amazing." I told her. "I wish the others would acknowledge my food the way you do, Kiara." She joked. I chuckled, "I'm sure they think it though."

Jj and Ward walked in, arguing about which baseball team was better. "I'm starving." Ward said, going to wash his hands.

Jj went in to give me a kiss but I backed up, "Nope, we're still playing." I said. He sighed, "I hate you."
I giggled, knowing he didn't mean that.

"As fucking hot as you look right now, go change, your ass is litterly hanging out." He said.

"Do something about it then." I whispered, leaning in without touching him. "Stop teasing me, Kiara." He said, lowly. I made a tsk noise with my teeth, backing up.

"Right, can't have you losing now, can we?" I joked, walking away to go put on some shorts. I was heading to my room when I bumped into someone.

"Shit, sorry!" I quickly apologized, and looked up, seeing Rafe. "Nah, is all good." He responded, looking at me up and down.

My cheeks flushed, remembering that I was just in my bikini. I crossed my arms to hide my bare chest but quickly dropped them when I realized that doing that just made my boobs look bigger.

Fuck what was wrong with me?

Rafe chuckled, noticing how nervous I was acting. "Sorry, I was just going to put on some clothes." I explained.

"What's wrong with what you're wearing?" He asked. "It's just not appropriate, and I'm going to be eating at the table... with your family." I said.

"I don't see why they would mind, I mean I clearly don't. Jj doesn't know how to appreciate you." He told me, checking me out.

I just laughed, "Uh, your mom made steak if you are wanting to go eat." I said, changing the subject. "I was just on my way there actually. I'll save you a seat if you want." He told me.

"Yeah, if you can. See you there, Rafe." I replied and moved past him, going into my room.

(Rafe)

Call me crazy or some shit but she was definitely blushing when I was flirting with her.

No offense on Jj or anything, but I know that if she were mine I would treat her so much better than he does.

She was probably just with him for the sex, I mean he wasn't even that good looking.

I made my way to the kitchen table, and sat next to Rose, leaving a seat open for Kie.

"Where's Kiara?" Rose asked, I opened my mouth to speak but Jj beat me to it.

"She went to go change." He said. "Okay, well leave her some food to eat." She joked.

5 minutes later Kiara came down, her bikini all covered in an oversized shirt and jean shorts. I don't know why she went to go changed, I preferred seeing her half naked.

"Sorry. I couldn't remember where I put my shorts." She said, grabbing a plate. Rose chuckled, "It happens to the best of us." She told her.

When I thought she would go sit over by me, she put her plate right next to Jjs, taking a seat.

I scoffed under my breath, I clearly underestimated her. She couldn't even look me in the eyes when I talked.

I saw Jj lean in and say something to her, making her give out one of those breathtaking laughters that she did.

I tore my eyes away, I clearly needed to find another way to win her over, but what? I barely knew shit about her, for all I fucking knew I was just doing this shit out of pure revenge.

That's when my eyes landed on Wheezie, shit the both of them were like best friends. She obviously knew more about Kiara than I did, I mean isn't that what girls do? Just talk about themselves?

Who the fuck knows.

Though I wouldn't mind if all Kiara did was talk about herself, I wouldn't ever get bored. Well, it depends on what interested her.

After we all finished eating, Kiara got up grabbing everyone's plates. Again, she wouldn't look at me when she took mine, but I didn't blame her. I didn't even blame Jj, if my bitch was ever as hot as her I would break someone's skull if I thought they were thinking about her.

Jj and Ward stood up walking outside, while Rose went to the bathroom. I saw Wheezie just playing on her phone and went over to her, "Yo, Wheeze." I started, knowing she was still pissed about the pool prank.

"What do you want Rafe?" She asked, her eyes still not leaving the screen. "I need to talk to you about something." I told her. "Which is?" "You think you can meet me by the pool?" I asked. She sighed, "I guess." She told me, getting up. "Alright, meet you there in 5." I said.

As soon as she was gone I walked over to where Kiara was washing dishes. I grabbed a rag, and started to dry them. "Hey." I started. She smiled at me, "Hi." She replied.

"So uh, I guess I didn't need to end up saving you a seat." I said. "Yeah, sorry. I totally forgot that I had already set my phone down in my chair." She explained.

"It's cool." I replied. "I just... Jj is like the type of guy to get mad over everything." She began. "I don't blame him." I flirted and she chuckled.

"But... I do like hanging out with you, Rafe." She told me. "Thanks. I like hanging out with you too, Kiara." I responded. "Speaking of, would you like to go play pool after we're done?" I asked.

"I don't know how to play." She said. "I'll teach you." I told her. She rolled her eyes, "You'll have to wait an hour or two though, I want to go take a bath right now." She replied.

"That's not a no." I teased. "It's not a no." She repeated, looking up at me. I smiled, "Alright, I'll see you in an hour or two." I joked.

She laughed, "See you in an hour or two."