Chapter Twenty Five

(Jj)

"How are you liking it here, son?" Ward asked, handing me a drink.

"It's good." I responded, taking a sip. "Yeah? What about Kiara?" "She uh... she likes it here too. Wanna go visit her family in Charleston." I said.

"Well here's to your return." Ward cheered, holding up his drink before taking another sip.

"Remember the last time we did this?" Ward asked.
"Yeah." I responded, how could I forget? A week after we came back home Rafe was sent to a rehab facility and his dealer was sent to court.

I tried not thinking about it, but every once in a while I would let my mind wander. I didn't regret it though, Rafe had it coming.

"I was hoping for the family to be reunited again and for you and Rafe to work out your differences." Ward said, "You think you could do that for me, son?" He asked.

I sighed and finished my drink. "I don't know." I replied, simply.

"Fair enough."

(Wheezie)

"Get in here!" Kiara yelled, swimming in the pool.

I dipped my toe in the water, "It's freezing!" I replied.

That's when a felt someone shove me from behind and I screamed, the cold water surrounding me.

I swam to the surface hearing Kiara and Rafe laughing.

"What's your problem, Rafe?!" I yelled. "Chill out Wheeze, it's just water." He said, still laughing.

I scoffed, my body starting to shiver. I got out of pool, feeling cold. "I hate you, Rafe." I told him, grabbing a towel.

I tried throwing him in but he jumped in first, water splashing everywhere. "WOO!" He cheered swimming up, "Get your ass in here, Wheezie!" He said.

"No chance." I said, still mad. I heard him sigh and he swam over to Kiara. I layed down on a chair, pulling another blanket over me.

I heard Kiara giggle, and I rolled my eyes. Maybe I was just being dramatic about her and Rafe. Maybe they were just friends.

But even I knew that I didn't believe it.

(Jj)

"What did you guys talk about?" Kiara asked, as she laid on my chest, my arm wrapped around her.

I exhaled, "The usual." I said, looking at the ceiling in our room. I felt her eyes on the side of my face, I turned and looked at her, our noses brushing.

"What?" I asked, softly. "Nothing, you just sounded... weird." She explained, her eyesight lowering to my lips.

I leaned in, kissing her passionately. I felt her hand on my face, her thumb rubbing my cheek. After a second or two she pulled away, connecting our foreheads.

A smile grew on her face, "I just got an idea." She whispered. "What's that?" I asked.

She sat up on the bed, and I leaned up on my elbows. "So Sarah told me that her and John B tried this but... they made a bet." She started and I rolled my eyes. She giggled, "Just hear me out. Anyways, the bet was that they couldn't have any physical contact with each other, like no holding hands, kissing-" She explained but I cut her off. "Kiara." I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Listen! Anyways, the first person to give in, loses and they had to cook dinner, and the person that won got 10 dollars." She ended, with a proud smile on her face.

"Yeah, I'll pass." I said. "It'll be fun!" She told me. "Nah, baby." I responded. She sighed, "Okay but if I lose I will cook your favorite dish." She proceeded. "Baby..." I sighed. "Only if... only if we get to fuck before we play." I added, and she rolled her eyes.

"What? It's not against the rules." I said, and she laughed. "Yeah?" I asked. "Mmm... no." She quickly replied, getting out of the bed.

I tried grabbing her but she was on the other side of the room. "It's 3:14 right now, meaning you'll have to wait 24 hours before you get to touch the other person." She explained, setting her phone down.

"Fuck you, Kiara." I told her and she just smiled innocently, "It's just the rules, baby." She said, leaving the room.

I fell down on the bed, and grabbed my phone texting Sarah.

me: ur a fucking genius cameron