Chapter Twenty Nine

(Jj)

I didn't say anything, I made myself look like a fucking idiot in front of Ward and Wheezie. I downed my drink quickly, feeling it burn as it went down my throat.

"You know your stuff." I said, setting the glass cup down. "A refill?" Ward asked me. "Nah, I'm fine. It's too early to be getting drunk." I replied.

"So, when is the next time you guys plan on traveling again?" Ward asked, trying to start a conversation, but I couldn't stop thinking about what Wheezie had said.

If Kiara wasn't with her last night who was she with then?

Rose?

Was she really with anybody?

Or Rafe?

As much as I wanted to ignore the third option, it was the only one that seemed reasonable.

I fucking told her to stop messing with him

"Uh, I don't know. I think we're gonna settle down for a little while." I replied. Ward chuckled, "At least I don't have to wait two years to see my favorite son." Ward joked.

I laughed, "Nah, things are gonna be different now." I said, knowing that I wasn't talking about traveling or settling down and bullshit.

(Kiara)

I was eating breakfast when Rafe decided to come in the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes, "What, Rafe?" I asked, hoping Rose would appear to stop me from having this sappy conversation, but I knew she wasn't because she started tanning 5 minutes ago.

"Uh, I just wanted to talk to you." He said, walking towards me. I set my fork down, "And say what?"

"Look, I... there was just a lot going on last night, and uh- I just- I needed to clear my head." He explained.

"Why drugs, Rafe?" I asked. "I don't know." He replied. "I know this isn't easy for you, and I want to help you." I told him.

"I thought you hated me because of last night?" He asked. I smiled and rolled my eyes, "Yeah, I hate you. 100 percent hate your guts, thats why I want to help you get better." I joked.

He chuckled, "Thanks, Kie." He said. "Of course, you know anytime you feel like shit, come talk to me." I told him. He nodded, "What if you're with Jj?" He asked.

I shrugged, "We'll get through it together, okay?" I reassured him. "I would give you a hug but uh, anyone could walk in." He joked.

"Same time tonight?" I asked, meaning the pool table room. He nodded, "See you there."

-Time Lap-

"Hey, baby." I said, walking up to where Jj was. "Brought you breakfast." I added, setting the plate of eggs and pancakes down.

He leaned down giving me a quick kiss, "Sorry, princess, not hungry." He replied. "What? Too much alcohol in your system?" I joked.

"Nah, just uh... don't feel like eating anything right now." He explained. I put my palm against his forehead, and he quickly grabbed my wrist, chuckling.

"I'm fine, baby." He told me, kissing my hand. "Okay, just making sure." I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him closer to me.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked, pressing our foreheads together. "Hm?" "Were you really with Wheezie last night?" He asked.

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck

Should I come up with another lie? Should I tell him the truth? No, he would lose his mind.

"No." I replied. He nodded, still not letting go of me, I guess that was a good sign. "Alright, who were you with?" He asked again.

Rafe

"I wasn't with anyone." I lied, because I couldn't tell him that I was with his brother. "Why did you say you were with Wheeze then?"

"I just didn't... I didn't want to bother you." I explained. "Baby, I get that but whenever Wheezie tells me that you guys never met up you can't expect me not to flip my shit." He told me.

"Sorry for not telling you." I apologized. "What did you go do?" He asked. "Just wonder around, swam a bit." I responded.

"Next time you decide to go do that just let me know." He said. I nodded, "I will." "Alright." He grabbed both of my wrists and set them down by my sides.

"Not gonna lie, I'm feeling kinda hungry right now." He told me, I turned around about to grab the plate I made him when he spun me around and grabbed my waist.

"I didn't mean that." He said, smirking. I rolled my eyes and pressed my hands flat against his chest. "Smooth, Maybank." I joked. He chuckled, "Is that a yes?" He asked.

I let my fingers play with the ends of his hair, as my gaze fell to his lips. "That is a yes... but later, baby." I said.

I felt him grip my ass, pressing our chests closer. "I can't wait until later." He whispered against my ear. I giggled, separating from him, "You're gonna have to, J." I replied.

He groaned, "Fine." "Well, I'm gonna go get started on lunch, and I'll probably clean our room a bit." I said. "Alright, I washed the sheets by the way." He told me, running his fingers through his hair.

"Proud of you." I joked, leaning up and giving him a soft kiss before leaving.

(Rafe)

"Hello?"

"Hey, Steph, it's Rafe." I said, pressing my phone against my ear. "Hey, Rafe. How are you?" She asked me.

"I'm fine, look I was actually calling because I need a favor." I told her. "Depends." She replied. "So uh, my dad was wanting to go to stop by Manteo to visit you guys." I started. "Oh! You guys are out on the boat again?" She asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, you remember Jj?" "Your brother right?" I rolled my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose, "Half brother." I corrected.

"My bad, what about him?" She asked. "You think you could uh... you know. His girlfriend is hot and everything so-" I started but she cut me off, "I get what you're trying to say." She said, chuckling.

"Okay so..." "But I don't think Jj likes me like that, Rafe." She explained. I sighed, "No shit he doesn't like you like that, he has a- Look, Steph... the only thing that matters is how his girlfriend sees it, alright?" I told her.

"Gotcha, so when are you guys coming?" She asked. "Probably tomorrow evening, depends." I replied. "Okay, see you then." "Alright, thanks by the way." I said. "No problem, bye Rafe."