Chapter Twenty Three

(Kie)

"Are y'all ready to order?"

I looked up from the menu and saw a pretty waiter, with a check book in her hand.

"Give us a few more minutes." Rafe replied. "Sure." She said, walking away.

"It's a really gorgeous view." I told him, looking at the beach. "You should see the view in front of me." He joked and I chuckled. "I'm flattered."

"So uh... what did you tell Jj?" He asked and I looked at my menu, pretending to read it so I didn't have to make eye contact with him.

"Um... I didn't." I said, softly. He nodded, "So, you just left?" "Yeah, pretty much." I sighed, "But I doubt he'll even notice me being gone." I added.

He chuckled, "Are you guys fighting?" He asked and I shrugged, "It's always something with him." I said.

We ordered our food and talked about the most random stuff ever. Rafe wasn't anything like Jj had mentioned him, and talking with him felt so easy.

"That's the fifth time he's texted you." He said, looking at my phone. "Looks like he did notice." He added.

I sighed and read the messages.

Jay💓: where tf r u
Jay💓: hello?
Jay💓: why is ur location turned off??
Jay💓: kiara answer me

I turned off my phone and hid it in my purse. "Sorry." I told Rafe. "Nah, it's fine." He responded. "You ready to go?" He asked. "Yeah." I replied and got up.

We decided to walk on the beach before heading home.

"Shit." I said. Rafe turned and looked at me, "What?" He asked. "Go to the backseat." I told him. "Now?"
"Rafe, Jj is litterly right outside." I said, looking at Jj, getting up from the porch and heading towards my car.

Rafe immediately took off his seatbelt and crawled to the backseat, cursing and mumbling under his breath. I parked the car, and turned off the engine, quickly getting out.

"Where the fuck were you at, huh?" He asked, slamming my door shut. "Ja-" I started but he cut me off. "I called you seven fucking times, Kiara! What the fuck were you doing that you were so busy to pick up my calls?" He asked.

"I-" "Were you with someone?" He asked, again. "What? No!" I said. "So what, huh? I get out of the shower, next thing I know you were gone? I was fucking worried! You could have at least told me you were leaving!" He yelled.

"Can you please stop yelling?" I asked. "Tell me who you were with." He said. I shook my head, "I wasn't with anyone, I promise." "Right like I'm supposed to believe that bullshit that comes out of your mouth." He spat.

"Tell me where the fuck you went." He insisted, "I just wanted to go drive around." I lied. "Drive around? Are you fucking kidding me?" He asked. "Why did you have your location off?" He added.

I looked at the ground, "Can we please just go inside?" I asked, softly. He scoffed, "Lemme find out that you're fucking lying." He said following me in the house.

-Wheezie-

-2 hours before-

I was writing on my journal when I heard my bedroom door swing open.

"Wheezie, have you seen Kiara?" Jj asked, barging in. "Nope." I said, annoyed. I heard him mumble, 'fuck' under his breath before leaving.

I know I shouldn't be nosey and all but after seeing her and Rafe hug? I bet Jj doesn't even know about that.

I got up from my bed, and opened my door, hearing a faint voice.

I saw Jj pacing back and forth in the living room, his phone pressed against his ear. "Fuck!" He yelled when the call went straight to voicemail.

"Kiara, why aren't you picking up?" "Where are you at?" "I'm getting fucking worried, call me back." He said, leaving a message.

He ran his fingers through his hair, and I heard him start breathing loudly. I quickly went into my room, feeling guilty.

Was Kiara with Rafe? I thought about how crazy that would even be, I mean Jj doesn't really get along with him, but I doubt it.

-An hour later-

I saw lights outside of my window and I immediately knew Kiara was back. I got up and went to check, lifting up my window a little bit to hear.

Kiara hopped out of the car, Jj walking towards her, yelling at her about how she didn't pick up her phone.

That's when he slammed the door shut and my jaw dropped, I have never seen Jj this angry before.

I could barely make out what they were saying but I could tell he was mad because he kept getting in her face.

After a few minutes I saw them heading inside. I was about to leave when I saw something moving in her car.

The door opened and holy shit.

I was right, Rafe was with Kiara.