Chapter Thrity Two

(Wheezie)

"Hey, Wheeze. I need to talk to you." Jj said, leaning against the doorframe. I turned, putting my dress on the bed.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked, sitting down. "Alright well.." He started, walking in. "I need a favor." I shrugged, "Depends." I replied.

"I heard Rafe was going with you guys." I looked at him confused, "I thought he was going fishing?" I cut in. He exhaled, "Wheezie." "Sorry." I apologized.

"He's going with you guys, and I know damn well he's going because of Kiara." I bit my lip from smiling, so he had noticed them.

"You're jealous?" I asked, regretting asking in the first place. "What do you mean?" He asked. "It's just... I mean hey, you made it pretty clear that Kiara was all yours not even 5 minutes ago." I said.

Jj looked at me dead in the eyes, his jaw tensing. Oh, crap, why did I say something??

"I mean-" I started but he cut me off. "Listen, I just need you to be watching Rafe, alright? He already knows what will happen if he tries anything on Kiara." He told me.

I'm pretty sure Rafe heard them too I wanted to tell him that, but I just kept my mouth shut.

I nodded, "Okay." "You got it? You tell me everything when you guys come back." He explained. I nodded again.

He sat up, and started leaving. "Hey, Jj?" I asked. He turned, "Hm?" "What will happen if Rafe does try something on Kiara?" I asked. He paused, "Keep an eye on him for me, Wheeze." He said, leaving.

-

"Since when did you become a fashion freak?" I asked Rafe, walking into a clothing store. I could practically hear Rafe rolling his eyes. "Don't act like you're not excited to be here." He said.

The place smelled like an old house. I walked behind Kiara and Rafe, remembering what Jj had told me. I felt bad for him, there was so many things that he didn't know.

"Do you want to go first?" Kiara asked Rafe. He shrugged, "Why not?" Kiara chuckled, and led him to the men's section. "I'm scared." Rafe joked. "You should be."

I think they forgot I was here, ouch.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, walking up to them. "I get to pick out an outfit for your brother." She told me, looking at some shirts. "Oh, can I help?" Rafe looked at me, "Nah, Wheeze. Go look for some girly shit for yourself." He told me.

I rolled my eyes and left them, did it look like I wanted to be with them both?

(Jj)

"So, what changed?" I heard someone ask me, I turned and saw Steph, she sat on a stool, as I was fixing my pole on the floor.

I wiped my sweat off with my top, fuck it was hot as shit. I could feel my back burning.

"What was that?" I asked, throwing my shirt across the boat. "You know, the entire girlfriend thing. You sounded so sure that you didn't want anything to do with dating last time I saw you." She said.

"Yeah, well... you meet people." I replied. She chuckled, "Need help with that?" She asked, seeing me struggle with the hook. "Nah, I got it." I responded.

"How were you so sure she wasn't just... one of your fan girls?" She asked again. "Fan girls?" She scoffed, "Oh, please. You were a professional baseball player, and not to toot your own horn but... you were handsome." She explained.

I sat up, and tested out my pole. "She was just different." I told her. She chuckled, "Beats me. The scratches on your back say otherwise. How do you she not just with you for the sex?" She said. I scoffed, "What? I can't fuck my own girlfriend now without you saying she's just with me because of my dick?" I asked, turning around to face her.

She threw her hands up, "Just saying." I chuckled, "Alright, come talk to me when you're done spitting bullshit." I said, grabbing my pole and heading out. "Okay, fine! Sorry, bad start. I just... can you forget what I said?" She asked. I turned around again, "No, I can't." I replied.

She nodded, "Look I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." I didn't say anything. "That it?" I asked. She stepped towards me. "And... I think.. you shouldn't be with her." She whispered, I felt her grab the back of my head, as she leaned in.

I quickly shoved her off, stepping back. She fell down on the ground, giving out a yell. "What the hell, Jj?!" She shouted. I scoffed, and walked out.

I accidentally bumped into someone. "Woah! You alright son?" Ward asked. "Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to bump into you." I apologized. "I was just looking for you." He said. "I was fixing my pole." I told him.

He nodded, "Alright, well you know how this works right?" He asked and I smiled. "How could I forget? Whoever catches more fish gets all the money." I told him. He patted my back, "You got it." He said, chuckling and walking off.

Money

Oh, shit. I pulled out my phone, and sent Kiara money for her shopping spree. Fuck, how could I forget? I called her, walking to set my pole down.

"Hello?" She answered on the fourth ring. "Hey, baby. Learn how to walk again?" I asked jokingly, pressing the phone against my ear. "Funny, and yes. Only took me like 10 minutes." She said.

I chuckled, "I forgot to-" I started but she cut me off. "Why does it say that you sent me 4 thousand dollars?" She asked. "As I was saying, I forgot to send you money to buy shit-" "I'm not spending that, Jj. Why did you send me so much?" She asked.

"Nah, you are gonna spend it, you hear me? Buy yourself something nice for me, alright?" I asked. She sighed, "Jj. You know I can pay for my own stuff." She complained. I chuckled, "I know baby. Tomorrow I promise we'll go do something together, okay, princess?"

She sighed, "Sure, what time are you coming back from fishing?" She asked. "Uhm...don't know, I'll text you." "Mhm. Okay, gotta go. I'll see you later, J." "Alright, baby. I love you." "I love you too." She replied, hanging up.

I grabbed my pole and started walking towards Earl and Ward, already knowing I was going to win the bet.