Chapter 27

Mara pov...

Hearing a loud crash coming from the shared bathroom both Shan and I use. I quickly reached under my pillow for the pocket knife that I keep stored there.

Sliding off the bed and putting on my house shoe I tip toed in the direction of the bathroom. Seeing that the light was on I got even quieter so I could hear who it was.

(Deh ya a investigate like ya Velma)

Shut up

The sounds of a muffled cry caught my attention.

"Shan?" I called out holding my ear up to the door.

Hearing shuffling and movement in the bathroom I tried the door knob to see if it would open. Not getting the response I wanted I started knocking on the door.

"Shan"
.
.
.

"Just open the door"

" please"

After waiting for a couple more minutes I heard the lock unlocks.

Opening the door I entered the room. The sight infront of me broke my heart. Immediately rushing over to toilet i carefully gathered all her hair and held it in place. Rubbing her back each time she throws up.

Quickly scanning the room I took notice of the broken plant vase, the knocked over garbage bin and the pregnancy test boxes on the counter top.

(Wait pregnancy test????)

Doing a double take on the countertop to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me. I stared at the 3 pregnancy test laying by the boxes

Releasing her hair once she stopped throwing up. I walked over to the bath tub to start a bath for her.

After getting everything ready for her I helped her to sit on the toilet as I got her undressed.

Assisting her with getting into the tub I waited until she was in and okay before I started cleaning up the bathroom.

Successfully cleaning up everything I went to check on Shan. Seeing her in the same position staring into space I sighed.

Helping her get wash off we existed the bathroom and went to mine. After helping her get dressed we both got in bed.

As she buries her face in my chest the waterworks started.

"Shhh, just try and get some rest" I whispered to her as I gently rubbed her back.

Another 15 minutes of her crying, she finally caved in and went to sleep.

Bad to bad if anybody pass mi room dem woulda think ah any heavy duty truck in ya. What a gyal fhi snore

(But ya chat n uh no much betta)

Ano your time now.

About to join her in LaLa land I heard a notification go off on my phone.

Tapping the screen to see what the notification was I saw it was a message from Rome

He wanted to know if we were still on for our date tomorrow night.

Typing yes I hit send then existed out the app. Putting my phone on Do Not Disturb I powered it off then cuddled up to Shan.

**Next Morning**

As my alarm goes off I quickly searched around to find my phone to turn off the horrible noise that was coming from it.

Successfully turning it off, the events of last night came flashing back in my mind. Looking over at the bed I noticed it was empty.