Chapter 32

Cali pov...

Checking the list as I go down each isle I take my time checking stuff off  that we are going to need for tomorrow's get together.

To say I'm excited is an understatement. It's going to be good seeing everyone all together because it's been so long since we were all in the same place.

Feeling a slap on my ass I grabbed the spot turning to see who it was.

"Batty gyal why uh stay suh?" I whined as I rub the area.

"Mi nah loved as a child a that's why" she said in a sad tone.

Both staring at each other we burst out laughing. As we continue to make our way down the isles my cart hit someone's.

Looking up to see who it was I was faced with a dark skinned handsome guy.

(Him look familiar)

Yes but Weh we see before?

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking" I offered an apologetic smile.

Smiling he responded "that's fine, you look familiar have I seen you before?"

"I don't know but you look familiar as well"

" I believe we go to the same school if I'm not mistaken you were late to one of Mrs Brown class and couldn't find a seat"

Thinking back to that time it hit

"Omg yes you were the one that offered me the open seat beside you. Sorry it's been a long time I didn't recognize you"

"Dat good man, big shopping you doing" he says looking down at the cart

"Yeah, we're having a family get together tomorrow"

Nodding he extended his hand out to Crystal introducing himself

"Hi I'm Deno"

Shaking his hand she introduced herself as well.

Talking for a couple minutes later Al figure appears behind him with a nonchalant look on his face.

"Ready?" He asked.

Turning to look at Al, Deno looked back at us confused.

"Deno this is my boyfriend Al, Al this is my classmate Deno"

Extending his arm out to Al he kept his hand in his pocket.

Nodding his head as acknowledging Deno he kept his same nonchalant stare on me.

"It was nice meeting you Crystal, see you around Cali"

Both waving bye to him he then walked off.

"Ready?" He asks again

"Yes just need to get one more thing"

"Ah"

With that he handed his card to me and headed out the supermarket.

"Uno good?" Crystal gently taps my arm.

Are we good? A question that I still haven't been able to answer for myself in the past 2 years.

"We are" I prompted up the most convincing smile I could.

Looking in my eyes to make sure I was telling the truth alright she said as we continue to go down the aisle.

Pulling my phone out to call Al I saw that I had 5 miscalls from him about 30 minutes ago

(That's why him come in)

Probably because him did seh him nah come earlier.

Mentally sighing I call him.

We're ready and outside I speak once he picked up.