Chapter 204 - Fake It Until You Take It

The first thing I take note of after opening my eyes is the fact that I've lost a bit of my clothing over the time I was asleep. I'm no longer wearing my jacket and I somehow got rid of my tie, loosening the collar of my shirt quite a bit. Well, maybe a little more than a bit considering that half of the buttons are undone. Thankfully, I still have my pants on, and fortunately, took my shoes off too.

Another glance reveals what happened to the jacket of my suit. The petite Queen lies on her side right next to me, snuggled to my chest peacefully while grasping that partially open shirt of mine. I have a feeling that the buttons are her work, conscious or not. Nevertheless, my jacket rests right over her shoulders, serving its role as temporary sheets that make sure Lianne doesn't get cold with the light dress she's been wearing before we unexpectedly zoned out for the night.

Because it's rather clear it's pretty early the next day. The first rays of sunlight peek through the spread curtains of the chamber we have slept in, announcing the incoming morning with gusto. It seems that today is going to have nice weather. Perhaps the realm wants to cheer up its favourite Human Queen.

Moving my gaze back from the windows, I look upon the petite lady napping quietly within my embrace. Some tear streaks and stains decorate Lianne's gentle face but I do my best to resist the urge of wiping them away. She deserves to rest for as long as she can before both of us need to return to our responsibilities.

And surely, hers will be much tougher to bear. I have no shadow of a doubt that Lianne will immediately start digging through the castle's staff and noble houses to fish out all the spies and traitors. Madeline's testimony should be a great help with that. Hopefully, Lianne will be able to work with it. I can imagine how difficult it might be to even think about the other woman remaining alive right under your feet.

However, I believe in her. She is a strong lady, a powerful person packed into a petite frame. She has already proved that during our little voyage. And it only makes her even more respectable and admirable. Lianne could have very well become a political figure, bothering herself only with the official duties of a royal, but she never forgot her origins and still strives to actively take part in all the other areas of her life.

My internal musings are disrupted by an adorable sneeze which causes the person in question to wrinkle her nose and mumble incoherently. Lianne's eyelashes soon flutter open and she stares in confusion at the close presence of my open shirt. When her gaze unhurriedly makes its way up to meet mine, a delicate tinge of a flush adorns her noble cheeks.

"How does my most beautiful and most smart Queen feel this pleasant morning?" I ask with a light smirk.

"Good," she whispers with a pretty smile. "Much better than yesterday. Though, a little bit unhappy that it's already tomorrow."

"Don't beat yourself over it." I lovingly thread my fingers through her long white hair. "It seems that both of us needed some more rest after the recent events. Now, you are able to tackle all the things while full of vigour and energy. We have lots to do, I presume."

"You are right, husband." Lianne pulls herself up by my clothes and presses her plump lips into mine. "However, I think I could use a little morning boost to be perfectly sure."

We grin at each other impishly and I roll us over. The tiny Queen loses my jacket and ends up below me as I stare down at her enchanting figure. This time, I don't waste the chance and summon out a small cloth, proceeding to tenderly clean my petite lover's skin. Lianne quickly realises what I'm doing and keeps herself still, allowing me to take care of her properly.

But, as soon as I'm done, she swats my hand away, grabs the material of my shirt, and yanks me down to crash her mouth into mine with deep passion. Our tongues find each other immediately and begin a lovely dance as my fingers roam free over her smooth sides. A slight shudder passes through her small frame from time to time, clearly enjoying the fluffy caresses.