Chapter 207 - Through the Eyes of Another: The Magician Returns

On the other side of the street a little bit later...

Leaving the dining hall, I head for the stairs leading to the upper level. A group of Beastkin girls, both pure-blooded and half-blooded, politely step aside to let me pass, showing gentle sides while respectfully lowering their heads. It's been a while, but I still haven't fully gotten used to this level of appreciation. Save for Lianne, the King, and perhaps a person or two in my old research group, most people would look down on me and anyone else below their station with pure disdain. Sometimes even on those above them too.

But, here, it was completely different.

"Good morning, Lady Cornelia," a half-blood Rabbitkin greets me kindly and her friends quickly echo her words.

"Good morning to you too, girls." I nod at them and reciprocate the gentle smiles they direct my way. "Heading down for a snack?"

The fairly voluptuous pure-blood Deerkin lady chuckles a tad shyly. "You caught us, Lady Cornelia. After last night, some of us got quite a big appetite that hadn't been sated during breakfast. Our apologies for being so voracious."

"Don't apologise." I wave at them dismissively. "Lest Al hears you say blasphemous things like this. You don't want another lecture from our dear manager about doing what makes you happy here, do you? So, go on and stuff yourselves full to your heart's content."

"I prefer much more when Master is the one doing the stuffing." A half-blood Catkin giggles impishly, getting smacked on top of the head by the rabbitgirl the next moment.

I just snort at her dirty quip. Can't even blame them for it as Beastkin are much more open about their desires than Humans for example. And they are positively smitten with Al, of course. Turning into a God of Sex certainly didn't help the issue.

"I'm sure someone is still in the kitchen, and even if they aren't, you know who to ask," I continue as if nothing happened. "And, good work, girls. We are proud of you. Always. I know that two of you are still new to this but you are doing amazing adapting this quickly after living most of your life hating Humans."

"It helps that Master and you are so kind to us, Lady Cornelia," the deergirl replies. "We are thankful for having a place we can call home and not worry about all the troubles of the world. I know this might sound selfish, but I personally don't care about what some races did in the past or still do as long as I can be happy and safe. And being always sexually satisfied or pampered by such a gentle yet strong male? It feels like a blessing."

The other two nod eagerly, at least partially agreeing with what their friend said.

"Again, don't apologise, or feel bad about it." I place a hand on her shoulder. "If this is your idea of a perfect life, no one can tell you otherwise. You aren't hurting anyone in the process. Not everyone is fated to fight against the evils of the world. Most never should have to, honestly. So, be content with your peaceful life full of delicious food, entertaining activities, and lots of passionate mating. If you ever change your mind about your future, just let us know. We'll arrange for it as soon as we can."

Surprisingly, she steps forward and pulls me into a cordial hug, tickling my nose with her short fur a tiny bit. But, I manage not to sneeze and pat her back in return. Our embrace doesn't last long and she withdraws, looking at my face from up close.

"Thank you for everything, Lady Cornelia. You, Master, and all your sister-mates have saved me from an unspeakable darkness after the loss of my beloved mate. I will never be able to repay all your goodwill but I can at least try to work this debt off a little in your service." She squeezes me one more time before showing a loving smile. "You'll be a great mother, My Lady. I envy your offspring so much."