Wanderer [✩/♡]

It was odd having scars you held no memory of

It was but a random Tuesday when you had awoken, an odd sense of emptiness lingering deep in your heart that morning. Where, for some whatever reason, you felt...incomplete.

You were but a humble yokai working under the number two harbinger of the Fatui, taken in by the curious doctor who wished to dissect your power with his own tools and curious hands.

...Right?

But your past wasn't something you could afford to linger upon. You were stranded in the middle of a bustling Sumeru City, forced to move with the crowd to some unknown destination.

Apparently, your mission in Sumeru had come to a close, and your role in providing for the Fatui simply came to an abrupt end. No warning, no dismissal—not even a goodbye as you were thrown to the streets of a foreign land, disposed of and replaced like garbage.

You didn't mind, per say. The life of working under the Fatui was nothing but brutal. There was not a day where you did not cry yourself to sleep, recovering from both internal and external wounds.

Your foolish reminiscence eventually brought you to the heart of the city without much thought, the crowd slowly dissipating as night approached. You decided it was best to retreat to the forests for the night and set up camp for yourself, opting that staying out in the streets was not a pleasant option.

Trudging through the green scenery, you couldn't help but observe with great content, finding peace within the never-ending forest. You felt an almost nauseating sense of home-sickness whenever you recalled your days back in Inazuma, where your only worries were taking care of your neighbors and making sure the naku weed grew healthy.

Finally finding a comfortable enough space for yourself, you pat down the grass as your makeshift bed for the night. Curling into yourself, you closed your eyes as you let out a sigh, letting your fatigue take over and lull you into slumber.

+++++++++++++++

"Leave."

"But-"

"I don't need you as extra luggage on this mission!"

You stumbled on your feet as your form was pushed away.

"You musn't listen to that doctor, Ku-"

The sound of a slap echoed in place of your stunned silence.

"I told you not to call me that."

The sound of a scream awoke you.

You quickly rose from your sleep, the pain of sleeping on a pile of grass catching up to you rather unpleasantly. The sound of high-pitched screaming, however, urged you quicker into action than any annoyance the pain had brought you.