Heizou [✩/♡]

𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 "𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫"; 𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠;

"[name]? What're you doing?"

The small, elementary-school child approached you in the kitchen, innocent eyes grabbing at your apron with a curious tilt of his head.

"Ah, Zouhei." You greeted him with a smile, ruffling his burgundy locks.

Zouhei—or, if you were clever enough to unscramble the letters, Heizou—maintained his childish facade as he let out a giggle.

"I'm making chocolate for Valentines." You answered, continuing to stir the sweet mixture.

"Valentine?" The child responded, a sudden realization overcoming him.

Ah, that was today, wasn't it?

"Eh, does Miss [name] have someone she wants to confess to?" Heizou teased. Although, he already knew of your infatuation for a certain male on the first day he had turned into a child.

Of course, turned into a child—Shikanoin Heizou was actually a 17-year-old boy detective, dubbed as the modern day Sherlock Holmes—previously thriving and famous for his clever and swift deductions.

He was drugged in an inconspicuous alleyway at an amusement park during his date—which, he argues, should have been the prime opportunity for him to finally confess—by two men donned in black.

Now he was stuck in the body of a 7-year-old child, under the care of none other than the very person who held his heart.

"Ah, well..." You felt warmer at the subtle mention of the childhood detective, looking away shyly. "I'm just hoping he shows up..."

Heizou couldn't help but catch your sorrowful tone as you finished the sentence, a stab of guilt cutting through him.

If it wasn't for this cursed body of his, he'd accept your invite in a heartbeat; but alas, he had to somehow wiggle his way out of this one—as much as he hated to do so.

"W-Well, Mr. Heizou sure sounds busy!" The male sputtered out, laughing awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head.

"Actually, I haven't tried calling him yet." You exclaimed, quickly reaching for your phone.

In a panic, Heizou rushed out of the kitchen and into the guest room he was staying in. The phone of the missing detective rang just in time for the door to close—narrowly avoiding the sudden reveal of his identity.

He quickly adjusted the voice-modifying bowtie to match the frequency and pitch of his original voice. Quickly clearing his throat, he finally answered the call.