A slow Melody IV

Mina found herself alone with Sana in the practice room again, a situation that surprisingly didn't fill her with the usual nervousness or overthinking. Being with Sana felt natural, bringing her a sense of immense freedom and calmness.

"You're so smiley today," Sana remarked during a break, noticing Mina's upbeat demeanor.

"Yeah, maybe it's because I'm with you," Mina teased, expecting a playful response from Sana. However, to her surprise, Sana blushed furiously and looked away.

"Sana? Why are you blushing?" Mina continued to tease, unable to contain her laughter at her friend's reaction.

"I don't know, I'm just sensitive. Don't say those kinds of things," Sana mumbled, covering her face with her hands in embarrassment.

Mina chuckled at her friend's reaction. "Who would've thought that the flirtatious Minatozaki Sana would blush at a comment like that?"

"Yah, I told you to stop," Sana replied playfully, attempting to swat Mina's arm in jest. However, in her playful antics, she lost her footing and stumbled, accidentally tumbling over Mina and ending up sprawled on top of her on the floor.

Mina's eyes widened as Sana hovered above her, their faces mere inches apart. She could feel her heart pounding fiercely, almost loud enough for Sana to hear. Lost in the moment, Mina found herself unconsciously studying Sana's features, her gaze lingering on her lips.

"Do you want to kiss me?" Sana's playful question snapped Mina back to reality, causing her heart to race even faster.

"W-what?" Mina stammered, caught off guard by Sana's teasing remark.

"Look who's blushing now," Sana chuckled, standing up and extending a hand to help Mina to her feet.

"I-I'm not blushing," Mina protested, her cheeks warming despite her denial.

"Hahaha, alright, whatever you say," Sana replied, her smile still lingering. "By the way, why were you so touchy with Momo this morning?" she asked, her smirk widening.

"Um, I guess I just felt like it," Mina responded with a smile. "But let's focus on practicing now, okay?"

"Absolutely," Sana agreed, ready to get back to work.

-

As they finished practice around 4 in the afternoon, Mina hesitantly spoke up. "Sana?"

Sana turned to her, still gathering her belongings. "Yes?"

"I don't want to go home just yet," Mina confessed.

"Why not?" Sana inquired, her expression softening.

"I just feel like staying here for a while. Do you want to stay and just do nothing with me?" Mina suggested.

"Of course!" Sana replied eagerly, leaving her things on the floor and joining Mina. They spent the rest of the afternoon engaged in conversation, ranging from deep discussions that brought tears to their eyes to lighthearted debates about why Sana loved mint chocolate ice cream but hated the taste of the toothpaste.

Without them knowing, this ritual of post-practice bonding sessions would become a cherished routine for them from now on.

They were lost in their own world when suddenly Sana's phone rang, snapping them back to reality. Sana answered the call with a hesitant "Hello?"