chapter twelve - "Not if it gets Piper back."

⋆·☆·⋆
chapter twelve - "Not if it gets Piper back."

Day 15

Day 15

Glass bottles flew over the flimsy joke of a defense wall. The bottles shattered into tiny pieces as they collided with the ground. The military group that had been guarding the gate had to retreat farther away on the other side. Originally Charlotte and Ofelia had first started with throwing rocks. Some landing with a satisfying cracking into their window shield (the reason they had to move back). "Tell me, your fascist pricks!" Ofelia shouted after letting a bottle into the air.

"Cease your hostile action and return to your home!" A man's voice ordered on a bullhorn.

"Fuck you!" Lottie shouted, holding up her middle finger.

"Come here and say that shit to my face! Tell me where she is, you asshole!" Ofelia shouted once more, finding another bottle.

You had no fucking right to take her! She's 16 dickheads!" Lottie screamed, slamming her bald up fist into the chain linked fence. Her body was buzzing cell to cell with rage. So much so that she didn't care about the stinging pain that was the metal slicing tiny cuts into her knuckles. Not caring how airy and lightheaded she felt after screaming her head off the entire morning. After she had fallen asleep (thanks to the pill), Spencer and Travis moved her to the couch. Once the morning light came through waking her up, she was up and out the door. Still wearing her tank top and sleep shorts from the night before. Seeing people putting their trash cans out. Going for their morning runs. Letting their children play in the front yard. As if the events only, a few hours ago hadn't happened at all.

And for a moment, Lottie thought she had made it all up. A fuck up nightmare as a result of her little night walk. But once Ofelia joined her side at the fence asking what the two were going to do. She realized that for once she wasn't the crazy one. Everyone else was.

"Come out here, you coward. I'm gonna show you hostility!" Ofelia shouts letting another bottle fly. This one didn't reach that far, colliding with a tree. "What are you afraid of? You know they're not here to protect us. You've seen what they do. When are you gonna step up? Huh? When they come for you? Why are you hiding?!"

"Because they're crowding fucks!" Lottie shouted, her voice cracking. Turning around and walking towards the sidewalk. Picking up a brick that was next to a trash can.

Just as she pulled her arm back, ready to chuck it over. Not giving a single care that they soldiers were lining up. "Charlotte Halliwell! Drop that fucking brick!" Rory's voice demanded coming closer. A pair of footsteps were already racing their way to her. Nattillie was behind her struggling to take the brick from her grips. "Let it go Lottie! Let it fucking go!" Nat won the struggle tossing the brick to the side and hooking her arm through Lottie's. Using the leverage to drag her towards a fuming Rory. "Are you out of your goddamn mind?!" Her eyes dropped to the blood dripping from the woman's knuckles. "Let's get you inside, clean your knuckles again, and get you calmed down for the love of god." Rory gripped both her shoulder's guiding Lottie in front of her and back towards the house.