chapter fifteen - "That won't happen to my sisters."

⋆·☆·⋆
chapter fifteen - "That won't happen to my sisters."

Day 15

Day 15

Rory sat crossed legged in the passenger seat. Twisting and twisting her ring over and over again. Everything in her body was yelling–screaming at her that this was a very bad idea. Not the rescuing Piper, but the sitting here part. She understood why her wife chose to take her sister and chose for her and Nat to stay here. Hell, she would've done the same thing.

But she was sitting duck.

"I think I'll puke if you keep twisting that." Nat's voice caught her attention. Rory glanced over and muttered a 'sorry' letting her hands fall into her lap. Nat pressed her lips together seeing the stressed and worried expression on her face before her eyes went back to watching the entrance through the rearview mirror. "I don't have a good feeling about this either."

"It's just," She started to say, moving her body slightly so she was now facing the blonde. "I never had to worry about them not ever coming back to me. Sure, you can make argues about car accidents, school shootings, getting mugged, but that still isn't the same feeling as right now. And I've seen so much – One time I had to hold this dude's ribcage to make sure it didn't crush his lungs. And the hole was super small, and I was the closest nurse with the smallest hands. It was a car crash where this Toyota collided with a motorcycle. They're literally called donor-cycles for a reason. He was flung down the street and somehow was spread with a fire hydrant. Like all his ribs broke and if he took a deep breath, he would definitely puncture a lun–"

"Rory you're rambling."

Rory's eyes wandered over to looking through the windshield. Hating the fact that when she got anxious, she would ramble. While yes, still getting her actions done it was the only way she was able to get her mind on a different topic.

"Why the hell are they out of the car?" Rory muttered, placing her feet down and putting her hand onto the handle. From where the car was parked – in a spot to blend in with the other cars instead of just being a part of the two cars in line down the middle – Rory could see both Chris and Alicia having a muffled conversation. But just as she was about to open the door Nat jumped over towards her. "Rory hide now, someone's coming."

Nat had seen at least two shadows making their way down towards them. Quickly slipping herself into the back seat. Keeping low down by the floorboard using the pile of blankets to help cover herself in the corner. Luckily Spencer had insisted that they each needed a blanket and then two. Just in case. While Rory was using her shortness to her advantage. Bawling herself up so she was hidden up under the glove box. Her black leggings luckily matched the black flooring so she could shove her feet under the seat. Hiding any metal that could be caught by the light.

"Get off me!" They could hear both Chris and Alicia shout after a pair of glass shatters.

"Why didn't you guys just open the damn door, huh?" Rory shut her eyes and let out a small groan. The booming voice was as clear as day as any army boy.