Chapter 4

The blue eyes I had been dreaming of! I was looking into the eyes which had haunted my dreams for months. I just stared at the male I front of me. "I'm sorry, did I scare you?" The male asks me.
"No. No. Who are you? What are you doing this far away from the celebration?" I ask him.
"You don't want to know who I am, and I'm just taking a break from the party you have going on down there. And I may ask you the same questions. Who are you? And what are you doing this far away from the celebration?" He responds.
I look at him with a baffled look on my face. No one has ever not answered my questions before. "My name is April. I am the daughter of Tamlin, the High Lord of the Spring Court and the reason I'm here is none of your business. Now answer my question. Who are you? I have never seen a fae with those sort of wings before. And I haven't seen you around at the party."
"April, Tamlin's daughter. My parents have told me about you. And I'll tell you again. You don't want to know who I am. And you have never seen my wings before since you would have never met someone like me before. And you haven't seen me at the party because I have been sticking to the shadows. Quite literally." He responds to me.

I'm getting extremely annoyed now. He wasn't telling me who he is. I need to know whose eyes I had been dreaming of for the last few months. I didn't see him at the ritual, but I could have missed him. No. I didn't. I saw everyone in all the seats and he wasn't there. Only the people who had been at the ritual had been invited to the party. Why wasn't he at the ritual, but had shown up now. It was the middle of the night, and he had said that he had been sticking to the shadows. Literally. Then it clicked in my brain. I think I know who he is. But that would be impossible. How would he have gotten into the court. It must be him. I had never actually met him, but he matches the description that my dad had given me.

"You're Nyx, the heir to the Night Court." I say to him. "You aren't meant to be here. I'm getting the guards. You aren't allowed to be here. None of the people from your twisted court are meant to be here."
"You won't be getting any guards April, because I'll be gone before they can get here if you scream for them. And I'm fully aware I wasn't invited. I just wanted to see what the fuss was about. My family doesn't know that I'm here. I'm here because I needed to talk to you. I need you to listen to me carefully." He says to me.
"You have two minutes Nyx. Say what you want to say, then if you aren't finished and gone, I'm dragging you to the guards." I say to him, trying to sound brave. I was actually scared, why did the son of the High Lord and Lady of the Night Court need to speak to me. My dad had told me to never trust anyone from that court, but I was willing to listen to Nyx.

"I've been having these dreams recently." Nyx begins.
"That's nothing Nyx. We all have dreams." I snap at him. If he had just sought me out to tell me about his dreams, I would be extremely frustrated.
"Just hear me out April. I've been having the same dream for the last few months. Every night, it's been the same dream. I have been dreaming of a pair of green eyes. I knew they must belong to someone from the Spring Court. I then saw you at the party. I saw your eyes, and realised that I've been dreaming of your eyes." He says to me. Looking into my eyes.

My heart beats quicker. He's been dreaming of my eyes. I've been dreaming of his. This must be the Cauldron's way of telling me that Nyx is important. He must have been brought into my life for some reason. I just need to know why. I also need to tell him about the dreams that I have been having. I feel strange, like I should trust him, even though I shouldn't.

"Nyx, I've been dreaming of your eyes. Every night for the last few months. I don't know why, but I have a feeling the Cauldron is trying to tell us something." I say to him after a moment of silence.
"Only the Cauldron knows why April. But for now, I would like to get to know you  a little better. We are both future rulers after all." He responds
I don't know why I say what I say next. I should say that we could never see each other again, but I feel a pull towards him. "I would like that to Nyx. We should get to know each other better." This doesn't mean I have to trust him. All this means is that I'll be spending time with another heir to a court. It wasn't a big deal.
"That's wonderful. Let's meet up the day after tomorrow. At sunrise, in the woods next to your manor." He suggests.
"That sounds perfect. Just one thing, I'm not meant to be around people from your court, so we tell no one from the Spring Court." I respond.
"That's fine, I'll see you at sunrise the day after tomorrow. Goodbye April." He says before he melts into the shadows.

I return to the party, but my mind stays up on that hill. I don't know why I feel drawn to him. I shouldn't want to see him again. But I do. We have both been dreaming of each other's eyes. The world worked in mysterious ways, but it was clear that now we had met, it wanted us to stay together. I wasn't certain about many things that had happened, but I was sure of one thing, I knew this: my life would never be the same again.