Chapter 5

I got a few hours of sleep once the party had finished. I still dream of the blue eyes, who now have an owner. Nyx. I wake up in the morning, still wearing my gown from the party. I hadn't bothered to change once I returned to my room. The night had been long, with Beron insisting that I accept the marriage proposal from his son, Eris, and meeting Nyx and agreeing to meet him.

Once I had taken my gown off and bathed and dressed into a casual dress, I walk down the stairs to eat my breakfast. My dad is sat in the dining room looking exhausted . I'm guessing that he didn't get any sleep. "Good morning dad." I greet him as I take a seat at the table.
"Good morning April. How was last night?" He asks. He always does. He always wants to know what happens at the party once he left.
"It was really good dad. Everyone had a wonderful time. I also got to talk with Beron." I tell him.
"It's excellent to hear that the party went well. Did Beron mention marriage with Eris again?" My dad replies.
"How did you know?" I respond jokingly. He has brought it up so many times now, that we always know that if we had a talk with him, he will bring up Eris. Even though my dad is friends with Beron, he is letting me choose who I want to marry, as long as they aren't from the Night Court.
"I need to go and rest April, but I will see you later." My dad says as he stands up.
"That fine dad. You didn't sleep last night, I'll see you later." I say as he leaves the room. I didn't tell him about Nyx. He would never let me go tomorrow. He would also be mad that someone from the Night Court had managed to get into his court.

I spent the day helping with the clean up and saying goodbye to the guests from the other courts since my dad was busy resting. Beron had left last night when the party had finished, so I didn't have to worry about him bringing up marriage again. Once was enough for one visit. I didn't have much time to think about Nyx until I was in my room before I went to bed. I was seeing him tomorrow. I was seeing him at sunrise, going against what my father had told me.

I settled down into my bed, knowing that tomorrow I would hopefully be able to figure out why the Cauldron had pulled us into each other's lives. I dreamed of Nyx's eyes.