𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 - 514𝐀 𝐱 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐲𝐧𝐞

Trigger Warning: Selfcest

(Never thought I'd use that as a tw, but here we are)

======================

It was strange. After a two years of disappearing, Five made an appearance. He was in Bruce's living room, sitting on the couch. Bruce and Alfred still being stunned at the doppelganger. He never really expected Five to set foot in Wayne Manor. Guess there really was a first time everything.

Five got up from the couch and walked closer to the butler and raven-haired boy. Both of them retreated slightly from the memories of their previous encounters with Five. He just stood there, waiting for the two to make a decision. Bruce decided to talk to him instead of Alfred. After Five ruined his life, not Alfred's.

It took a lot of willpower not to beat him up. Bruce wanted to know what Five had to say. He wanted to know why the doppelganger did what he did. Bruce was curious to why Five agreed to replace him. To hide away the fact that Bruce was going to turn into a weapon of destruction and empty emotion. He wanted to know what the Court of Owls offered him to take Bruce's place.

"You can go, Alfred." Bruce said. "I'll talk to him." He added as reassurance.

"Call me if something happens, Master Bruce." Alfred said and left.

Bruce looked at Five. "What do you want?" He asked the doppelganger.

"I wanted to apologize...for everything." Five answered him.

"That's a little too late for that, don't you think?" Bruce asked the doppelganger skeptically.

With all the chaos, Five had caused, it was hard for Bruce to forgive him. The doppelganger stole his identity and ruined his life. It took a lot to win back the trust of others. The relationships that Five had ruined due to impersonating him. Bruce had to be hard on him, even if he was only a clone. Five knew full well what he was doing.

"It's hard when the Court of Owls are on your tail." Five answered him.

"They don't exist anymore." Bruce informed him.

"Is it because of you?" Five asked him.

"Yes." Bruce answered shortly.

"I don't understand. Kathryn said that you were Gotham's hope." Five said confused.

"Sit. You might need it after you hear what I have to say." Bruce told the doppelganger.

They sat down onto the couch. Bruce started explaining to Five what had happened. The whole thing about the blood releasing to the citizens of Gotham 'til Ra's Al Ghul. Five only listened to what he had to say. Bruce finished and looked at Five for any sign of reaction. He was almost too sure there wasn't any.

"You turned into a monster?" Five asked.

"Courtesy of Ra's and Kathryn." Bruce answered sarcastically. "They told me that you were my replacement and I didn't forgive them." He added.

"Why?" Five asked curiously.

"You have the right to be your own person. You don't have to be me. Or what Indian Hill made you. You can be your own person." Bruce answered the doppelganger.