𝐈𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 - 𝐍𝐲𝐠𝐦𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐭

Part One of You're My Poison

Ed was sitting in Arkham. He was trying to prevent himself from hurting Lee. Or well, his alternate personality; the one he despised. He was looking at the paper, ready to sign. The warden had left to run errands. He was alone besides with his alternate self; the Riddler.

The Riddler was sitting across from him. He appeared the moment the warden left. Ed tried not to pay attention to him. He tried to ignore the smug look on the Riddler's face. As long as he could keep Lee safe, it didn't matter. He could deal with the annoyance of the Riddler.

"Hate that you're right about this. It'll keep her safe." Ed said.

"Hey, Ed, what has two eyes, but can't see?" The Riddler asked.

"Two needles." Ed answered. "Half of Mississippi. Whatever. Who cares?" He said annoyed, signing the paper.

The Riddler leaned in. He smirked at Ed. His other alter was so in love with Lee. He failed to see what was right in front of him. He couldn't wait for Oswald to let him out of his cage. He wanted to thank the shorter man if he got freed.

Oswald only saw him. He accepted him for he really was and Riddler was grateful. He knew that the ice messed with Ed's mind. He didn't see the clues right in front of him, but Riddler did. He enjoyed the little game too much. If only Ed had realized in time.

"You should, Ed." The Riddler told him.

Ed gave him a confused look. Only when the gate opened again, he turned around. Ed was mildly confused what was going on. In front of him, stood Oswald with a grin on his face. This was an unexpected visit, Ed didn't plan. But the Riddler did plan it.

"I knew you'd come." Oswald said. "I knew you understand my letter." He added, aiming the statement at the Riddler.

"How did you know I'd be..." It took a moment for Ed to realize. "What are you talking about?" He asked Oswald.

"I'm not talking to you, Ed. I'm talking to him." Oswald said and chuckled.

Ed turned around and the Riddler wasn't there. He turned back to Oswald. The raven-haired man only stared in amusement.

"He read my letter." Oswald told him.

The Riddler appeared next to Oswald. There was a smirk on his face. He held up the letter for Ed. If only Ed was as smart as he was. Unfortunately, love scrambled with his mind. He ignored all the clues right in front of him.

"Read the first word of each sentence." The Riddler said. "'Please bring Ed to Arkham so I can set you free.' What has two eyes, but can't see what is happening in front of him? Ed Nygma!" He exclaimed.

Ed quickly got up from his chair. "No...I came here to save Lee." Ed said.

"He read my letter." Oswald repeated.

"You...you're wrong. I am Ed. Edward Nygma. That is it. Lee believes in me, she sees me for who I am." Ed told the raven-haired man.

"But I see him, Ed." Oswald replied pointing at him.

"No." Ed turned around, grabbing the paper.