Adoptive Father Miguel

You sat in a chair with your adoptive father Miguel behind you.

"What are you doing to my hair, papa?" You asked as you smelt a strong smell.

"I'm changing it to a different colour, love. I thought it would look pretty." He replied as you nodded and let him continue with your hair.

"Why do I have to change my hair? Isn't my normal hair pretty enough?" You asked as Miguel finished dying it and clipped it into a bun.

"Your hair is very pretty, sweetheart. I just thought a change would be nice." He said before he knelt in front of you.

"You're such a beautiful girl, I just wanted to see what your hair would look like if it was a different colour." He continued as you smiled and nodded.

"How long will it take?" You asked as Miguel got you to stand up.

"Not too long, angel. Let's have some dinner while we wait." He said as he ordered in some food.

Once it arrived you sat at the dinner table and looked down at the food.

"Papa... I don't like this kind of pasta." You muttered, trying to not sound ungrateful.

"It's your favourite, sweetheart." He replied as you looked at him in confusion.

"No it's not. My favourite is pizza, papa." You muttered, poking at the food.

"Don't be silly, love. It's your favourite." He replied as you looked up at him in frustration.

"No! It's not!" You yelled before he slammed his fist on the table, making you jump.

"Yes, it is, Gabriella!" He screamed at you, making you stare at him in shock.

"I'm Y/N." You whispered as he stared at you, breathing deeply.

"Y/N... I know, I'm sorry." He muttered as you stood up and went into his room.

You came out with a photo in your hand.

"That was your daughters name... Is that why you were colouring my hair, papa?" You muttered, placing the photo in front of him.

He sighed sadly and looked down at the photo.

"You shouldn't try to replace her, papa. She doesn't deserve that, neither do I." You muttered as Miguel placed his head in his hands and began to sob.

You slowly made your way over to him.

"Do you want a hug, papa?" You whispered as Miguel moved his chair and let you sit in his lap.

He wrapped his arms around you as he cried and you held onto him.

"It's okay, papa. I'm not angry." You whispered as he ran his hand up and down your back.

"You're right, sweetheart. I need to let go and heal, not try to replace her... You definitely don't deserve that." He replied as you closed your eyes and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, darling." He whispered as you backed away a little to look at him.

"It's okay, papa. Can I wash this hair dye out now?" You asked making him chuckle.

"Yes, love. Let's go wash it out."