Father Miguel au

(This story includes forms of emotional abuse from a parent, swearing and birthdays? Probably triggering to someone, it is an au and a fan fiction so that means that the character in question is depicted in other ways than originally planned by the actual creators. Fan fiction is fiction, if you're upset that this is different to the movie than watch the movie and don't read fan fiction)

You came home from your morning run to see your father was awake.

"Good morning!" You shouted happily.

"Guess what!" You said as he looked at you.

"Y/N, I'm busy. I don't have time for this." He grumbled as your shoulders slumped.

"Can you maybe just..."

"Y/N, we've talked about this plenty of times. You need to not interrupt me while I'm working. Okay? Can you comprehend that?" He asked, talking to you like you were dumb.

"Sorry..." You muttered walking away as he groaned.

"And now I'm a terrible dad aren't I?" He said as you started making breakfast.

"N-No... No I didn't say that." You muttered, trying to stop your hands from shaking.

"Just tell me what you wanted then, you've interrupted me now." He said as you bit your lip.

"It doesn't matter..." You muttered as he groaned and stood up.

"Everytime, Y/N. Just tell me what was so important you had to interrupt me!" He shouted as you looked at him in shock.

"It's fine... Really." You muttered as he glared at you.

"Tell me!" He shouted as you snapped.

"It's my birthday you fucking cunt!" You shouted as he looked at you in shock.

"Fuck... It is, isn't it? But that's no excuse to use that language with me." He grumbled as you threw the cereal box on the ground and ran to your room, slamming the door.

"Oh... Mi hija."

---

You came out of your room two hours later to see some cupcakes on the table.

"Papa?" You muttered as Miguel appeared.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as you walked up to him.

"I know I was a mistake... And I know I'm the reason Mom died, but...it still hurts." You muttered as Miguel held your face in his hand.

"I know..." He whispered as you leapt forward and hugged him.

"I know my birthday is the same day she died... I miss her too but...I still want cake and presents like a normal kid." You muttered, doing your best to not cry.

Miguel wrapped you up in a tight hug.

"I know, sweetheart. I've been so selfish in the past and even today. It's not your fault for what happened, mi hija. Let's forget shout it and open some presents, okay?" He said as you pulled away and looked at him.

"You got me some presents?" You muttered as he chuckled and kissed your forehead.

"Yes, I did darling. Now let's open them."