Father Miguel

(tw, implied abuse)

You ran along he streets of the city, your bare feet thumping against the dirty concrete.

You cried as you ran for your life, you were never going back to him.

You stopped for a moment and panted softly before someone grabbed you and dragged you into an alleyway. Screaming and kicking you tried to break free as they slammed you against a wall.

"You got some money for me, baby?" The man growled, gripping your throat as he searched your pockets.

"Stupid bitch!" He screamed before punch you hard across the face, causing you to fall on the ground.

"If you ain't got no money I may as well beat the shit out of you." He growled kicking you in the ribs as you cried out in pain.

He continued kicking you in the ribs and then the face before he was suddenly ripped away and his throat slit in front of you, his blood splattering on you as you screamed and cried.

You scurried away before a large man stood in front of you and glared at you.

"This is what you fucking get for running away." He growled as you sobbed and looked up at him.

"Please... I'm sorry." You whispered as he sighed and knelt down.

"Daddy..." You cried out, softening his cold heart.

"Why did you fucking run away... I'll be angry at you later." He grumbled slowly picking you up as you cried out in pain.

You rested your head on his shoulder while you cried.

"Fuck... You're so stupid, you know that?" He growled as you closed your eyes and tried to not focus on the pain.

"Scold me...later." You whispered making him sigh.

--

Miguel had you laid in your bed as he tended to your wounds, his hands were so gentle against your skin.

The only time he was ever this gentle was when he was patching up your wounds.

"Why did you run, huh? Because I was a bit angry? I get angry, everyone gets fucking angry, Y/N." He grumbled while stitching up the wounds.

"You scared me... I thought you were going to hurt me like...she used to." You muttered before he slammed his hand down on the bed causing you to jump.

"I am not her! Do you hear me!" He screamed as you looked at him in fear.

"Yes, father..." You whispered as he sighed and rubbed his head.

"I'm fucking trying, Y/N. I am trying to hard to be a good father." He muttered as you nodded a little.

"I know..." You whispered.

It hadn't been easy since your mother had died from an overdose.

But, in some ways it had been even easier after you'd buried her for good.

"I tried to keep you safe... That's why I locked you away all those times she was angry, that's why I was so rough with you because I needed to protect you. And I still do need to protect you! You're young and you fucking run off and think you're invisible." He said as you began to cry.

"I'm scared." You whispered making him sigh as he placed his hand on your cheek.

"I love you more than you could ever know... And I am fucking failing at this. I never wanted a kid... I never wanted you." He grumbled, closing his eyes and shaking his head.

"I never asked for you to be my father." You growled as he looked at you.

"Maybe it's time to call them." He muttered as you looked at him in shock.

"No... Please, I just want you to try harder. I don't want another dad! I just want you to love me!" You screamed as he stared down at you.

"I do love you! This is just hard, Y/N. You don't understand what it's like." He grumbled as you cried even more.

"It's not that hard!" You screamed through your tears as Miguel closed his eyes, trying to stop himself from crying.

"Please, bebita... Just see it from my point of view." He whispered taking your hand and looking down at you.

"You don't want me... I understand it perfectly, papa." You whispered through your tears.

"Oh, God sweetheart..." He muttered, resting his head on the bed.

"I'm not better than her, I've treated you so terribly. I've focused on how bad my life has been but I don't think about you." He whispered before he began to cry.

"Please, just try." You replied as he lifted up his head and looked at your bruised face.

"I'll try, bebita... I'll try."