Maybe Just A Small Change

(WEEWOOWEEWOO MENTIONS OF ABUSE)

(A fic where you’re Miguel’s daughter from another reality)

Miguel was exhausted, he sat next to his computer in the spider society, trying his best to not fall asleep.

“Hello?” He heard a voice call out, it sounded like the voice of a child.
He quickly got up and jumped down to see a small girl clutching a teddy with a bandage covering half of her face.
It took him a moment before he realised something.

“Y/N.” He whispered as you looked up at him, he could see absolute fear in your eyes.

“D-Daddy…I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to go wandering, I don’t know how I ended up here, I’m sorry.” You whispered as you began to sob.
Miguel knelt down and looked at you sadly. He knew you weren’t his daughter technically and somehow you’d ended up here in his reality.

“Hey, it’s okay, little one. Do you know how you ended up here?” He asked as you looked at him in confusion.

“I don’t understand, daddy. Why are you wearing a costume?” You asked making him smile a little.

“I know this is confusing, but I’m not your actual daddy. Somehow you’ve ended up in my reality.” He tried to explain, not really knowing how to explain this to a child.

“I don’t understand.” You cried out as Miguel looked at you sadly.

“Here, come with me and I’ll show you something.” He said reaching forward, he noticed you stepped back and clutched your teddy tighter.

“Hey, it’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you, I promise.” He whispered reassuringly as you slowly stepped forward and let him pick you up.
You held onto him and your teddy as he looked down at you.

"Hold on tight, okay?" He said as you nodded, suddenly he lifted into the air and you held on for dear life.
He landed and slowly placed you down on a chair, you looked around seeing high tech computers surrounding you.

"What is all this stuff?" You muttered, looking around in amazement.

"Well, it helps me with my job. My job is to protect reality." He said as you looked up at him.

"That's so cool... My daddy is an accountant." You muttered making him chuckle softly.

"Can you tell me what happened to your face?" He asked as he knelt down to face where you were sitting.

"Daddy got angry at me and he told me to never tell anyone... But, he has a weird disease that makes him angry and makes his eyes go red and makes him have claws when he's mad. I did something bad and his claws came out and he got me by accident." You explained, looking away from him.

"Is that the first time he's hurt you?" He asked as you looked at him and shook your head a little.

"He's just sad... When Mommy passed away he got really angry." You muttered as Miguel looked at you sadly.
Here he was praying everyday he could have his daughter back and here you were with your father alive that didn't even care for you.
But, he couldn't do anything.
He spent his life making sure stuff like this stayed in order.

"He shouldn't be hurting you like that, little one. He's supposed to love you and take care of you. I wish I could keep you here... With all my heart I wish I could keep you safe for the rest of your life. But, I can't. I have to take you back to your father." He whispered sadly as you looked at him and nodded.

"Okay..." You muttered sadly, practically breaking his heart.
He picked you up in his arms once more before opening a portal back to your world.
He stepped inside and found himself in your room before he tucked you into bed.

"Thank you for helping me." You whispered as he knelt beside your bed.
He brushed his hand through your hair and smiled.

"That's okay, sweetheart. You be good and don't tell anyone about this, okay?" He whispered before kissing your forehead.

"Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret." You said as he looked down at you and smiled softly.

"Goodnight, Y/N." He whispered before he crept out of your room.
He peaked in to see the Miguel in this universe completely asleep.
After a bit of quiet rummaging he found a picture of his deceased wife and placed it on the bedside table of Miguel.
He could interfere but maybe if the him from this universe remembered who he used to be, he would stop the abuse.
But, maybe the was just wishful thinking.

"Please... Please, take care of her."