Immortal Reader

(It is an au and a fan fiction so that means that the character in question is depicted in other ways than originally planned by the actual creators. Fan fiction is fiction, if you're upset that this is different to the movie than watch the movie and don't read fan fiction)

(immortal reader x professor Miguel) 

You were at home cooking when you heard your husband come home.

"Hey, baby!" You called out as you continued to stir the pasta you were cooking.

You didn't hear a response so you came out to see Miguel just standing there.

"Love? You okay?" You asked as he looked at you.

"Oh... Um sorry, I'm fine." He muttered before walking to your shared bedroom.

You looked at him in confusion before going back to the kitchen, you decided to let him come to you and tell you what was wrong before pressuring him.

By the time you dished up dinner Miguel hadn't said a word, you sat across from him and looked at him in worry.

"Baby, what's wrong? You know you can't hide it from me." You said softly as he looked at you, you could feel the guilt radiating off him.

"Y/N... I cheated on you." He muttered as you looked at him and took a deep breath and nodded.

"Okay... Was it with a student?" You asked calmly.

"No, another professor at the college. It's Lena, you've met her before... I've always found her attractive and we kind of flirted a bit but I never thought I would go any further. But, there was a moment of passion in my office... One thing lead to another." He explained as you looked down at your dinner.

"Was it a one time thing?" You asked as he looked at you with tears in his eyes.

"Yes! Yes, I promise! I love you more than anything... I just." He muttered, staring down at his dinner.

"It's okay, we can work through this. You can't control who you're attracted to... But, you should've controlled yourself." You said as he looked at you in shock.

"You're not angry?" He asked in surprise as you smiled sadly.

"Love, I've been around for a long time. I've had a lot of relationships and...cheating is the least of my issues with partners. I love you, a lot and I know you love me too. I know this isn't a problem with my lack of love it's a problem with your lack of control." You explained as he continued to stare at you.

"Sometimes I forget that you're...immortal. Maybe it...has to do with you a little." Miguel muttered as you looked at him.

"Can you explain it to me?" You asked making him sigh.

"It's...boring. You don't fight me, you just sort it all out! As soon as something happens you have a fucking solution and it's solved! Maybe I want to fight, Y/N! Maybe I want to tell and scream and have some kind of passion!" He shouted at you as you closed your eyes and took in a deep breath again.

"You're still young I suppose... You still want the surprise and passion. And while I try to keep up with sex trends, I guess you want someone with your same mental maturity to have a flare with." You explained as he stood up and groaned.

"See!? You just explain it! You explain it completely and communicate it and its all sorted!" He said as you watched him pace.

"And you don't want that?" You asked as he stopped pacing and rubbed his face.

"No... I want passion and surprise, I do love you, Y/N. But, I don't know if I can keep doing this." He said as you took another deep breath and stared down at your ring.

"That's alright... I understand where you're coming from. But, you need to apologise to me. I treated you well and always communicated yet it wasn't enough and you cheated on me. Yet, somehow you're blaming me. So, I deserve an apology." You said as he looked at you.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. Our relationship isn't normal... Obviously, you're immortal and I'm a human. But, that doesn't excuse me cheating." He said as you smiled sadly.

"Thank you, Miguel." You muttered, your smile fading as you began to eat your dinner.

"So... That's it. I'm telling you I'm ending our marriage and that's all you have to say?" Miguel said as you stopped eating.

"I try to save my emotions for things that matter more." You muttered as he looked at you in shock.

"So, you're saying I don't matter to you!?" He shouted as you looked at him.

"If you're wanting to break up because I communicate too much than I obviously picked the wrong person to settle with in this era. You're not having the apartment, I'll help you find another one." You grumbled turning back to your dinner.

"You can slam the door and go get drunk and fuck someone now." You said before he stormed out of the door and slammed it.

You finished your dinner before going out onto the deck and breathing in the cold air.

Immortality was lonely and you were sad Miguel was leaving you, you loved him...you really did but you were too old to get angry over partners leaving.

He deserved a life away from you, and you hoped he would have a good life.

You would just move on like you usually did, eventually you wouldn't even remember Miguel.

That's just how it went, it was lonely, but it was your life.

You had no other choice.