power? - Alastor

warnings: no warnings
characters: alasor & overlord! reader (doesn't really mean much but yk he shows a little respect)
extra: this is basically my oc but I know people don't like oc fics so I made it a reader LOL... if you intresteddd I could perhaps show more of her, I did draw her and everything. 
word count: 1845
date posted: 24/02/24 10pm

your wings shifted uncomfortably behind you as you sat in your seat, this overlord meeting really wasn't sitting well with you. you knew everyone here didn't like you, you were a fallen angel. of course, they hated you. you were really powerful, being close to a seraphim it grants you power and after being sent to hell it only grew. not that you used it much anyway, you were never meant to be down here. you're still a good person at heart. at least you liked to think so. maybe being down here for so long took away some of that innocence you held onto. 

"[name]! you sure seem to be quiet about all this, seeing how you still have angel blood wouldn't you know about this shit?" Velvette snapped with a wide grin, you knew. you certainly knew. and she knew you had all the information everyone wanted so badly. She skipped over to your face leaning in close making yours scrunch up in disgust. 

"first of all back the fuck up. second I don't have to say shit now do I, I may be an overlord but I'm not bloodthirsty freaks like you guys" you spat your eyes narrowing at the woman in front of you, your response seemed to strike a nerve as she smiled faltered for a moment before she stood up again, towering over you as she crossed her arms with a raised brow.

"freaks? babe, you are a freak yourself! your hands are not clean either, at the end of the day now isn't that right?" she smirked and you stood up angrily, you didn't like to kill. you never did but with power like yours sometimes things had to be done. your wings spread out as your screeched the chair against the ground, your horns slightly growing as your anger rose.

"better than being like a heartless bitch like you! If you ever disrespect me like that again, I'll make sure you and the other vees never see the light of day again" you threatened the room deadly quiet as you leaned towards Velvette. She knew better than to taunt you but she couldn't help herself, she's not scared of you. the power you hold was never used so she couldn't give two shits less about you. "you think you have power Velvette but you haven't even fucking tasted it yet." this caused her to frown angrily at you and you turned on your heel leaving the room with a loud slam of the doors, you took a deep breath as your anger fell. your wings resting and horns going back to the way they were, you hated them. a sign you were never going to be an angel again. at least you got to keep the halo. even if it was dark in colour it's better than losing it forever. 

Alastor sat at the long table with a curious grin, watching Velvette banter with other overlords trying to take out her anger. he let the shadows consume him slinking away from his seat next to Rosie, witch shocked her but she didn't question it. she knew what he was going after. well, who he was after. he slipped into the shadows of the next room, watching you pace around trying to calm yourself. he knew so much yet so little about you. when he tried to pry into anything you somehow always avoided questions. he wanted to know why. you were the second fallen angel in hell, you knew a lot about heaven but never spoke of it. why?

"dear me, quite the show you just had in there!" Alastor spoke up after he knew you were now calm and approachable, he didn't quite want to deal with the aftermath of Velvette's little argument. you were not shocked to hear his radio voice in the room with you, turning your head to look at him. With an annoyed sigh, you looked away again, this irked him and his smile tightened. 

"Velvette said something rather interesting, your hands are not clean? why I thought your whole persona was to not kill!" he asked, pushing away his anger as he watched your gaze turn into a glare. his knowing smile pissed you off, he was right. ever since you got here you refused to kill, you knew you could get power without murder and you did. for the most part. the lives lost to your hands were heavy and you were never going to speak about it. ever. especially not to someone like Alastor.