True Love

Title: True Love
Genre: Fluff
Length: 2712 words
Written: Mar 1, 2024
Published: Mar 30, 2024

Top: Minho
Bottom: Seungmin

TW: teasing, fake dating, jealousy

Prompt: Seungmin hates Minho because Minho always teases him, but why does Minho do that?

A/N: if you see some grammar/vocabulary errors please let me know because English is not my first language.

—————

Seungmin made his way through the bustling halls of their high school, his backpack hanging from his shoulder, and his face contorted in pain. He was vigilant, always conscious of one person in particular: Lee Minho. It felt like wherever he turned or whatever he did, the older was there, prepared to launch another round of teasing and mockery.

He had never fully comprehended why he targeted him. Maybe it was because he tended to be more reserved, opting for the company of books over the drama of teenage life. Or perhaps Minho detected something about him that he hadn’t yet recognized himself—the flutter in his chest whenever the latter was nearby, the way his heart raced whenever their eyes met.

He shook his head, trying to dispel such thoughts. He couldn’t afford to entertain the idea of liking Minho, not when the other seemed intent on making his life miserable.

As he made his way to his locker, he caught sight of his friends—Jisung, Felix, and Jeongin—gathered in their usual spot by the window. They waved him over, their smiles bright and infectious. The puppy boy felt a pang of guilt at the thought of burdening them with his problems, but he couldn’t deny the relief he felt at being in their company.

“Hey, Minnie!” Jisung greeted him, slinging an arm around his shoulder. “You look like you’ve just seen a ghost! What’s up?”

He forced a smile, shrugging off the squirrel boy’s arm. “Just tired, I guess,” he muttered, avoiding their concerned gazes. He didn’t want to burden them with his minor complaints, especially when they had their own problems to deal with.

But as he reached for his locker, he felt someone behind him—a presence he had become too familiar with. Turning around, he saw Minho leaning casually against the lockers with a smirk playing on his lips.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Kim Seungmin,” he said, his voice filled with sarcasm. “What’s the matter? Did someone steal your lunch money?”

The ravenette clenched his fists, willing himself to remain calm. He knew that rising to the purplette’s bait would only make things worse, but it was becoming increasingly difficult to keep his temper in check.

“Just leave me alone, Minho,” he muttered, reaching for his books. “I’m not in the mood for your jokes today.”

The other’s smirk widened, and he took a step closer, invading the younger’s personal space. “Aw, is little Seungminnie upset?” he taunted, his voice low and mocking. “What are you gonna do about it, huh? Cry to your mommy?”

His vision blurred with rage, and before he knew what he was doing, he had shoved his arms to grab Minho’s collar.

“Seungmin! Stop it! And that’s enough, hyung!” Jisung’s voice cut through the tense atmosphere, and Seungmin turned to see his friend glaring at Minho with undisguised anger. “Can’t you see it’s your fault if he’s like this?”

Minho’s gaze softened slightly as he glanced at the shorter, and Seungmin caught something in his eyes—regret, maybe, or even shame. But it was gone as quickly as it had appeared, replaced once again by that maddening smirk.