Chapter 4: Who's the new guy?

Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Trunks entered the office and they all took a seat began to discuss arrangements for Trunks. "Well Trunks, until you fix your time machine, I will allow you to live here in the village. We will create a fake citizenship status so no one questions if you live here" said Tsunade. "Thank you Miss Tsunade but can I make a request" Trunks replied, "what is it", "I would like to have a home where I can work on the time machine in private if that won't be a problem", "Hmm that would be a bit tricky", "perhaps you can convert one of the old jails into a home for Trunks" said Jiraiya. "Yes that could work. We also need to create a fake origin story for you" said Tsunade. Tsunade began to write on what's to become Trunks official documents. "Done" said Tsunade as she gave Trunks' documents to him and he began to read it as Tsunade said, "your name is Trunks, you came from a small village from the land of tea, your village was massacred but unknown assailants and you were the only survivor, one of your parents told you to move here since one of them knew Jiraiya who met you once when you were a baby and here you are." Trunks finished reading the documents and nodded. "It will take a few weeks before we can get you moved into one of the old jails so for now you'll just sleep in a apartment and we'll give some money for food" said Tsunade, "that's fine with me" Trunks replied, "now Trunks, Jiraiya told me that you are quite strong and have some interesting techniques, is that true" Tsunade asked, "w-well I guess I'm kinda strong, why do you ask" Trunks replied confused, "well I'm not gonna just let you live here for free, you need to pull your own weight, so how about you become a shinobi and you'll get paid after every mission." "U-um I guess I can, I do owe you guys for giving me your hospitality and giving me my own home" said Trunks, "great then its settled and I already know your rank and what team you'll join. You'll be chunin rank and you'll be on team-". "Excuse me for the interruption Tsunade but team 7 has arrived to the village and is outside the room" said Shizune, "speak of the devil, well let them in." 

Shizune let team 7 as Trunks saw 3 kids and 1 adult enter the room, one had yellow hair with whiskers on his face, the other had pink hair and a red outfit with a short skirt, the other kid had what looks like a crop top and pale skin, and the adu...

Shizune let team 7 as Trunks saw 3 kids and 1 adult enter the room, one had yellow hair with whiskers on his face, the other had pink hair and a red outfit with a short skirt, the other kid had what looks like a crop top and pale skin, and the adult had on a green jacket and white hair and most of his face is covered. "Mission complete grandma, we saved Gaara from the akatsuki. Oh and Jiraiya-sensei is here too" said Naruto, "very good team 7. Unfortunately, your rest will be cut short as we received word from one of our spies that they possess information about Orochimaru's location, you guys will head out tomorrow morning to meet up with him" Tsunade replied. The group got serious when they heard the name Orochimaru as they could not hear that name and not think about their teammate Sasuke who deserted the village and joined Orochimaru for power. "We are also aware that you won't be able to participate due to you overexerting yourself Kakashi, we will have an anbu take your place temporarily while you rest" said Tsunade, "Thank you mad 'am Tsunade. By the way, who's the new guy" asked Kakashi as he points to Trunks. The rest of team 7 looked at Trunks also thinking the same thing, "his name is Trunks and he'll be joining your team" said Tsunade, "WHAT?!" said Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi. "Isn't a team only supposed to have three members and their sensei" said Sai, "yes, that's how it normally is but this will be a special exception since there aren't enough young shinobi to form a team" Tsunade replied. Trunks walked in front of team 7 and bowed and said, "hello my name is Trunks, I hope we can get along with each other", "why do we have to be the ones that get another teammate" Sakura asked, "yeah what Sakura said, our only other teammate is Sasuke, not these guys" said Naruto as he pointed at both Sai and Trunks. Trunks laughed nervously and Sai didn't care, "it doesn't matter what you say, Trunks will be an official member of your team and Sai will return to his duties later but for now will remain on the team until further notice. You are all dismissed" said Tsunade. Naruto left quite annoyed by what Tsunade said and the rest of the team followed shortly after, before Trunks left the room, Jiraiya said, "don't worry Trunks, they'll come around. Oh, also let me show you your apartment." "Oh, I almost forgot, thanks Jiraiya" Trunks replied. Jiraiya and Trunks left and went exploring around the village first to get Trunks familiar with his new home. After a few hours they reached Trunks' apartment and Jiraiya gave Trunks his keys, "thank you Jiraiya for showing me around the village", "no problem Trunks, enjoy the rest of your day and don't forget to prepare for your first mission tomorrow" said Jiraiya, they both waved goodbye and Trunks entered his apartment. It was a simple apartment with a bedroom, small living room and kitchen, and a bathroom. Trunks ate some ramen he picked up from a shop during his walk with Jiraiya and then decided to head out into the forest to train, once Trunks got far enough, he decided to fly to a nearby mountain so that he doesn't attract any attention while he trains, "this will do" said Trunks as he powered up into super saiyan and began training, "I need to master super saiyan if I want to stand a chance against the androids", after a few hours, Trunks, who was completely exhausted, flew back to his apartment and entered through a window that he left open. Trunks ate some more ramen and then took a shower and then went to bed. Trunks put his sword next to his night stand and starting lying down, "mom, I hope your safe and doing well, I promise to come back and come back stronger than ever, even stronger than Gohan, just hang on until I come back" and then Trunks' eyes began to shut. 

THE NEXT DAY...

Trunks woke up at five in the morning and began doing his stretches and then changed into some training clothes since Trunks has two capsule containing his clothes. He put his headband that was given by Jiraiya on his left arm since he didn't like the headband being on his head. After that, he went out into the forest and did his usual light training, after an hour and a half, Trunks went back home and took a shower and ate breakfast. Trunks left his apartment and went to get where he saw Jiraiya and another shinobi that he doesn't recognize. "Ah Trunks, I'd like you to meet Yamato, your temporary leader until your actual leader Kakashi returns" said Jiraiya.

 "Ah Trunks, I'd like you to meet Yamato, your temporary leader until your actual leader Kakashi returns" said Jiraiya

"It's nice to meet you Yamato-sensei" said Trunks, "likewise Trunks, Jiraiya has told me your quite strong. I'm curious to see what you can do, don't disappoint me" Yamato replied, "I won't" said Trunks. After a couple of minutes, the rest of team 7 came and Jiraiya left and then after a brief breakdown of the mission, team 7 headed out to reach the spy.

________________________________________________________________

Hello all, I hope you guys liked this chapter as the next chapter is when we'll get some action again. I know I didn't have Trunks interact with team 7 at all in this chapter but they'll get to know each other in the next chapter. 

I don't have anything else to say so until then..Goodbye :)