Chapter 20: O-oh, sorry about that

About two days had passed since Naruto left the village on his top secret mission. Trunks and the others continued preparing for the looming war as well as continuing rebuilding the village. Thanks to Trunks' and the villagers efforts, about 25% of the original village had been rebuilt, with homes and hospitals being the main priority before anything else. 

Sakura was walking around in the village in search for Trunks. She asked some villagers who lived near Trunks if they have seen him and luckily one did see head in the direction of the hokage mountain. Sakura thanked the villager and left. When Sakura reached the top of the mountain, she saw Trunks close to the edge of the mountain in a deep meditation judging from the floating rocks and pebbles around him. When she saw this, she thought how it was a bit majestic from the angle she was looking at him with the wind blowing his hair and how he was giving off a peaceful yet serious aura, She waited a few seconds to see if he would notice her since she didn't want to suddenly interrupt him, but after a few seconds, it didn't seem like he was going to do anything so then she called out to him in a soft voice. Sakura saw how it seemed like Trunks didn't hear her so she raised her voice a bit and called out to him again but the same result happened, so she kept raising her voice up until the point she was basically screaming and Trunks finally heard her as he opened his eyes abruptly and all the rocks around him fell. He turned his head to look at Sakura and said, "Sakura, how long have you been there?" "Longer than I should've been" said Sakura slightly annoyed, "o-oh, sorry about that" said Trunks scratching his chin embarrassed. Sakura sighed and said, "your too kind to be upset at. Anyways, I came to ask you wanted to join me and some of the others on this mission Tsunade sensei assigned me on." Trunks thought about it for a few moments but ultimately agreed. Sakura smiled and told Trunks to meet her at the front gate in an hour. 

An hour passed and the group consisting of Trunks, Sakura, Ino, and Choji headed for the island they were told to go to. The travel took about a day as the group needed to take a boat to reach the island.

By the time they reached the island, it was already dark so they group decided to set up a camp on beach and start their mission in the morning. Trunks was the first one to wake up and he decided to do some training while the others slept. To not cause a huge ruckus, Trunks decided to train over the water. Trunks looked down at the water and took a deep breath as he prepared to begin.

 Trunks looked down at the water and took a deep breath as he prepared to begin

Twenty minutes had gone by as the others slowly began to wake up. The first one to get up was Ino. She noticed Trunks wasn't inside the tent and went out to see if he was outside. She was shocked to see Trunks flying over the water and training at incredible speeds as the water around him was splashing violently. Ino silently watched, astonished by Trunks' incredible power. Choji was second to get up as he got up and also exited the tent and greeted Ino and asked what she was doing but he question got answered quickly as got splashed by some of he violent waves Trunks was creating. Ino couldn't but begin laughing at Choji since he was soaked in water. Choji began screaming, mad at Trunks for getting him drenched in water. Sakura then woke up hearing all the noise outside and wondered what was going on and saw Ino who was laughing and Choji who was drenched in water yelling at Trunks who was training above the water. Trunks finally noticed everyone on the beach and Choji yelling at him, he was confused by why Choji was yelling at him which caused Ino to laugh even more since Choji got even more upset. Trunks flew back to the beach and threw an air punch towards Choji, causing strong winds that flew at Choji, they were so strong that Choji had to infuse chakra into hos feet so he won't fly away. When the winds were over, Choji realized he was no longer soaked since the winds dried his clothes and hair. Choji calmed down as he reluctantly said thank you to Trunks who only smiled saying no problem. Trunks then went inside the tent to get out of the heat and drank some water and the other three also joined him inside the tent. While Trunks was doing that, Sakura began to discuss what their mission is and what they are looking for. Trunks then began to sense three familiar energies with another one that he doesn't know close by as he told everyone that there's people outside. Everyone was shocked by this since they believed this island was supposed to be empty apart from the animals that live on the island. Sakura then went outside closely followed by Trunks and the others and Naruto, Yamato, Guy, and another ninja pulling to the beach in a small boat. Sakura called out to Naruto which caught his attention as he was confused when he saw her and the others. Naruto asked if there was somewhere Guy could rest which Sakura replied yes as he can rest in their tent. Naruto thanked Sakura as he and Yamato picked up Guy and carried him into the tent. After a few seconds, Naruto and Yamato exited the tent and sat down with everyone who were sitting in front of the entrance. Naruto then explained to everyone how the waves out at sea were really rough and everyone was constantly getting sick so they had to find a place to rest for a bit. Naruto then asked why they were on this island which Sakura explained their mission to him. Sakura then asked Naruto since they can't leave until Guy feels better to help them in their search for the herbs and Naruto agreed to help them. Yamato and the other ninja decide to stay behind and watch over Guy while they go out in search for the herbs.