Chapter 13: What's going on

After about an hour of walking, Trunks finally decided to start flying towards the hidden mist village in search for germanium. After a few more hours, Trunks made it to the hidden mist village territory and began flying around the area searching for a good island to touchdown on. Once Trunks found his preferred island, he landed and began to set up camp since it was getting late. Trunks' plan while he is on this island for a little while was to first go searching for the germanium in the first half of the day and train for the second half. Trunks finished setting up his camp and ate some of the food he still he contained in his capsules and went to bed right after. The next day, Trunks got up and ate something and once he finished, he began his search by looking in some nearby caves. After about 5-6 hours of searching, Trunks couldn't find any germanium and went back to his camp to eat once again. This time, Trunks caught fish and searched for fruit on the island and ate that instead of finishing the food in his capsules. When he finished, he took a break and meditated. After that, Trunks searched for an open area to train and found an empty beach with nothing around and began to train. Trunks would continue this cycle and move to a different island if he couldn't find any germanium.

One month has passed since Trunks and Naruto left on their separate paths to become stronger and outside the village, the six paths of Pain were preparing their attack on the leaf village. One of the Pains managed to break through the barrier and created the other five Pain members and they began to disperse around the village.

 One of the Pains managed to break through the barrier and created the other five Pain members and they began to disperse around the village

 Sakura and Shikamaru were in the lobby of the autopsy building when they heard a big explosion outside. They were really confused by this and they both ran outside to see what caused it and when they looked, they saw multiple buildings with smoke coming out of them. "What's going on" said Sakura concerned, "we must be getting attacked by someone" said Shikamaru, "we have to help the people" said Sakura, "your right. Let's split up to cover more ground" replied Shikamaru as he began running to the right, "right" said Sakura running to the left. The two began going around the village and helping citizens, Sakura was told by Iruka to help the people in the hospital as it's filled to the max. In the hokage office, multiple ninjas and anbu members were reporting to Tsunade the situation and then one of the ninjas reported seeing a man with a black cloak and red clouds which made Tsunade realize it was the akatsuki and she told them to sound the state of emergency alarm and to recall Naruto. Tsunade was about to say recall Trunks as well but then she realized that they never set up a way to contact each other and he's never tried to contact them either. They all exclaimed at the same time "yes ma'am" and disappeared. Sakura made it to the hospital and began helping as many patients as she could and Shikamaru escorted Kurenai to the underground tunnels. Everyone was trying their best to save the citizens and fight the akatsuki members but the six paths of Pain proved to be quite the force as dozens of ninjas have fallen to them. Tsunade used her summoning jutsu to summon her slug, Katsuyu, to help everyone in the village and to use her chakra to heal them. Katsuyu then dissolved into hundreds of smaller slugs and dispersed around the village. Iruka was helping an injured ninja when he was approached by a Pain, Pain asked Iruka where the nine tails jinchuriki was, when Iruka didn't answer Pain was about to kill him until Kakashi stopped the attack from reaching Iruka.