Chapter 14: You'll pay for all of this

"Who's that" said Tsunade trying her best to identify who it is. Everyone tried their best to identify who it was flying above the battlefield and then Hinata was finally able to see who it was. "It's Trunks" she shouted, "Trunks", Sakura, Tsunade, Shikamaru, and multiple other ninjas shouted in unison. Trunks began to descend down next to Fukasaku and checked if he was okay, Fukasaku told him he was fine and thanked him, Fukasaku then realized that this was the kid he saw in the hokage office next to Naruto when he revealed the news that Jiraiya died. Jiraiya told him about Trunks and that he too possess incredible power. Naruto was shocked to see Trunks and how he was just flying. Trunks, with a visible vein mark on his face, asked, "did you cause all of this", Pain, with no hint of emotion or remorse in his voice replied, "yes I am the culprit, who are you", "I am your next opponent" replied Trunks, "is that so? I don't see any appeal in you", Pain then created more blades and shot them at Trunks at incredible speeds. Without flinching, Trunks deflected the blades using his arm and the blades flew into a wall.

Fukasaku was surprised to see Trunks deflect the blades as he's seen Jiraiya struggle with them and got impaled by a few of them

Fukasaku was surprised to see Trunks deflect the blades as he's seen Jiraiya struggle with them and got impaled by a few of them. Trunks then flicked his hair, showing a mark of arrogance which didn't receive a reaction from Pain,

 Trunks then flicked his hair, showing a mark of arrogance which didn't receive a reaction from Pain,

Trunks then teleported behind Pain and kicked him away. Pain was caught by the other Pain and they stood next to each other. Trunks then teleported next to Naruto and helped him up, "you okay Naruto" asked Trunks, "y-yea I'm fine thanks to you" replied Naruto wiping off dust on him, "let me take it from here Naruto", "are you sure Trunks, these guys are no joke" said Naruto with a voice of concern, "yeah, these guys are no match for me. Having you would be overkill", Naruto showed a face of shock and some doubt but he nodded and joined Fukasaku and began their reverse summoning jutsu so Naruto can regain his sage mode. "Is Trunks gonna fight those two on his own" said Sakura with worry, "we have to trust him if he doesn't want Naruto's help" said Shikamaru. Trunks turned to the two Pains and got into his battle pose. The first Pain began to rush Trunks while the second Pain used his ability to attract and repel and threw multiple boulders at Trunks. Trunks began dodging both Pain and the boulders and once the boulders were gone, Trunks began countering Pain and parrying his attacks. The second Pain then joined and also tried to attack Trunks with blades coming out of his wrist. Due to Trunks' experience with fighting two people at once, Trunks wasn't struggling as badly as one could. Everyone watching was surprised to see Trunks not struggling against the Pains as he knocked them both away. Trunks then tried to attack one of the Pains but as he went in for a punch, Pain repelled Trunks' attack and pushed away and while Trunks was flying, the other Pain went behind Trunks and kicked him in the back. Trunks quickly recovered and threw a ki sphere at Pain but Pain ended absorbing it which surprised Trunks.