Chapter 17: Stop this!

While on the move, Lee asked Sakura that perhaps it was better to tell Naruto the truth which Sakura immediately rejects, saying there was no way she could tell him. Trunks then tells Sakura that she is underestimating Naruto and Sakura gets quiet. After a couple more moments of silence, Kiba then alerts the group, saying he's found Sasuke and Sakura tells everyone to stop. Kiba is confused and asks Sakura why they stopped since they already knew what to do when they found Sasuke. Sakura then asks Kiba where Sasuke's precise location was which Kiba then gave her. Sai and Trunks then notice Sakura was about to throw something but Sai immediately stops her and calls her out on her plan. Kiba and Lee were shocked by Sakura's true intentions while Trunks showed an expression that says he's not surprised. Kiba and Lee began questioning her saying they are supposed to this together but then Sai interrupted them by saying that he won't allow anyone to go. This surprised the group as they weren't expecting what Sai said. Sai then walked in front of all of them and said, "though I'm sure you can match his strength", Sai looking at Trunks, "the five of us would be no match for Sasuke and this Tobi. I promised Kakashi-sensei that I wouldn't let any of you go." Kiba and Lee were shocked by this and then Sakura put on her gloves given by Trunks and told Sai to move aside. Trunks, who stood back and watched this began to walk beside Sai which surprised Kiba, Lee, and Sakura and he said, "I agree with Sai, I haven't fought nor interacted with Sasuke myself yet and yet he's managed to defeat Orochimaru which tells me he's no joke and that Tobi guy is someone not to mess around with either", "Trunks" Sakura said a bit disappointed, "I cannot let you guys run into a fight that I know you cannot win" said Trunks with a serious face. Sakura didn't give up though and Sai began to draw snakes to try and restrain them. "I understand where your coming from but we cannot keep letting Sasuke get away" said Kiba as he prepared to fight them. Kiba then lunged towards Sai as Sakura and Lee followed closely behind; Sai caught Kiba with one of his snakes but Lee hoped over Kiba from behind and was about to hit Sai but as this was happening, Sakura threw three gas bombs that made them all fall asleep. Believing she hit everyone, Sakura began running in the direction that Kiba gave her to find Sasuke but as she was running, Trunks landed right in front of her, causing her to immediately stop and nearly falling over since she stopped so abruptly.

"Why are you doing this Sakura" asked Trunks, Sakura stayed quiet, not wanting to answer, realizing Sakura wouldn't answer, Trunks said, "who is Sasuke to you", Sakura then looked at Trunks and noticed his serious expression, "he is our teamm-", T...

"Why are you doing this Sakura" asked Trunks, Sakura stayed quiet, not wanting to answer, realizing Sakura wouldn't answer, Trunks said, "who is Sasuke to you", Sakura then looked at Trunks and noticed his serious expression, "he is our teamm-", Trunks interrupted Sakura and said, "not to you and Naruto. Who is he to YOU." Sakura hesitated, her eyes flickering with a mix of emotions. Trunks' piercing gaze demanded an honest response, forcing her to confront her own feelings. Sakura then softly said, "Sasuke... He's... someone important to me. He's more than just a teammate. He's... someone I care about deeply", Trunks felt some sort of way when he heard this but ultimately understood, "I see. And what about Naruto? What does he mean to you" asked Trunks, Sakura's gaze dropped, her voice barely above a whisper, "Naruto... Naruto is like a brother to me. He's always been there for me, and I cherish our bond. But... my feelings for Sasuke are different. They're... complicated." "Complicated, huh? Sakura, I can sense the weight of your emotions. But you need to understand that the path you choose will have consequences. Sasuke's journey has caused nothing but harm to others, and it may lead to sacrifices and heartache", Sakura's brows furrowed, uncertainty clouding her expression", "I know... I've seen the darkness that surrounds Sasuke. But I also believe in his potential for redemption. I can't abandon him, not when he needs someone to remind him of the bond we share", "Sakura, I understand your desire to help him. But don't forget to consider your own well-being. Sometimes, holding onto something that has already slipped away can prevent you from embracing new possibilities." Sakura clenched her fists, torn between her loyalty and her own happiness. Trunks' words struck a chord within her, resonating with the doubts she had been suppressing, "Trunks, I appreciate your concern. But my heart tells me that I can't give up on Sasuke. I won't let go of the hope that one day, he'll find his way back to us", Trunks softened his expression and said, "Sakura, I won't act like I understand the complexities of your relationship with Sasuke. But I do know that you're strong, and you have the power to make your own choices. Just remember, no matter what path you choose, we'll be here to support you." Trunks then moved out of the way of Sakura, Sakura then looked at Trunks, gratitude filling her eyes and said, "Thank you, Trunks. Your words mean a lot to me. I won't forget them", "Remember Sakura, true strength comes from following your heart and staying true to yourself. I believe in you." Sakura nodded and began running carrying Trunks' words in her heart. Trunks watched as she began to disappear and began to fly back to the others to make sure they were alright. When he made it to the other's position, Trunks saw that they were still knocked out, so he tried to wake them up but they were never able to fully wake up as they'll open their eyes for a few moments and then close them again. Trunks decided to just gather all of their bodies and put them together. As he was putting Lee's body down, Kakashi appeared a few meters away from them and he approached Trunks and asked what happened. Trunks told Kakashi everything that happened and Kakashi asked Trunks if he knew the direction Sakura was headed which he said yes. Trunks then said he was gonna go after her but he wanted to make sure the others were fine first, Kakashi then said to lead the way as the others will be fine. Trunks nodded and the two began moving quickly towards Sakura's location. Kakashi told Trunks to go ahead to make Sakura was safe, Trunks nodded as he began to fly at incredible speeds towards Sakura.