Rules Are Just A Suggestion Chp. 15

My arms were wrapped around Max as he encircled my waist with his. His tongue was currently exploring my mouth. His hands were starting to move down my hips and to my butt. I tried to break the kiss, but Max wasn't letting me.

     "Max, stop." I finally got out.

     "What?" He asked, obviously annoyed.

     I pulled out of his arms and unlocked my front door. "I got to go."

     I kissed him on the cheek and walked inside. Jordyn was sleeping on the couch while George Lopez played on the television. I lightly shook her. She didn't budge. I shook her a little harder. She mumbled something and turned her back to me. Then I shook her violently.

     "What?!" She yelled.

     "Shh..." I said holding my index finger up to my mouth. "Let’s go to my room. I have to tell you something.”

     She stumbled off of the couch and over to my room. I turned the TV off, followed by the light.

     After tripping in the dark a few times, I finally made it to my room. Jordyn turned my radio on full-blast and started dancing on my bed.

     "Jordyn, you'll wake my mom, turn it off!"

     She jumped up and almost hit her head, causing me to flinch for her as she said. "She left about two hours ago with her boyfriend."

     I looked at the clock. Eleven forty-five. They were out late. "What if something happened to her? I haven't even met this guy and they are out super late."

     "Robyn, relax. She is an adult." I sighed knowing she was right. "Tell me about your date with Max." She said in a gushy tone.

     "I told him that I couldn't go to the tournament. He didn't take it too well."

     "I'll make sure you go, even if I have to kidnap you." She said seriously.

     I sat next to her on the bed, preparing myself for what I was about to tell her. "Jordyn, I-"

     I didn't get to finish. "Robyn, get down here." It was my mom, she must have just gotten back.

     "Come on." I said to Jordyn as I made my way to the living room.

     I saw my mom sitting on the couch with some guy who looked like he was in his late thirties, early forties. His hair was shaved with little stubbles. He was tan and, from what I could tell, he was tall. His biceps were bulging out of his shirt. He looked like he belonged in the army.

     "Um... Hi?" I said not knowing what to say.

     My mom placed her hand on his knee and said. "This is Nick. He is the guy I have been seeing. He's in the Marines." Close enough.

     "You didn't tell me you had two beautiful daughters." Nick said, kind of surprised.

     I let out a laugh. "I'm her daughter, Robyn, and this is my friend, Jordyn."

     I shook Nick's hand. "It was nice to finally meet you Robyn, your mom can't stop talking about you."

     I gave her a look. "Good things, I hope."

     "Is there any bad?" My mom said. "Well, I'm sure you two have something else to do."

     "It was nice to finally meet you." I said as I gave him a small wave before being dragged up to my room by Jordyn.

     "So, what were you going to tell me?" Jordyn asked.

     I bit my lower lip and decided to say whatever comes out of my mouth. "Mr. Jameson and I have a relationship."

     Jordyn's jaw dropped. "Please tell me you are talking about a friendly teacher to student relationship."

     "Not exactly." I chewed my bottom lip, regretting the fact that I brought this up to begin with.

     "Robyn!" Jordyn yelled. I shushed her. "What about Max? You can't be doing this."

     "Jordyn, stop. You don't think I know that this is bad? I'm cheating on a nice guy with my teacher, that just screams slut."

     She didn't say anything for the longest time. When she finally did, all she said was. "Wow."

     I rolled my eyes and fell back on the bed. "What do I do?" I half expected Jordyn to disagree with my statement about sluts, but she didn’t.

     "End it with Mr. Jameson."

     I shot up. "What? Why? What happened to Mr. Sexy?"

     "Robyn! He's a teacher and a coach. It's against the rules." She said with force behind every word.

     "Jordyn..." I took a deep breath. "I think I'm falling hard for Mr. Jameson." I waited for her to say something, but when she didn't, I spoke again, "I just cannot help it. When I see his face, it sends a smile to mine. The best thing of all is that I am pretty sure he likes me back."

     Jordyn started pacing my room. "You have to decide one or the other."

     "Well, duh!"

     “What do you want me to say, Robyn?! That I agree with this? Because I don’t. All of this could ruin him. Personally, I think you might be acting selfish.”