Rules Are Just A Suggestion Chp. 27

"Shit, Robyn."

     I jumped at this random outburst. We were watching The Simpsons just about an hour after finishing our food off from McDonalds.

     "What? What's wrong?"

     He got up from the couch and practically dragged me back to the bathroom. "You're bleeding again." I looked at the red blotch of blood on the white t-shirt in the mirror.

     "Mr. Jameson, I am so sorry about your shirt. I'll buy you another one."

     "I don't care about the damn shirt. We got to clean this up."

     Without thinking, Mr. Jameson lifted my -his- shirt off of me and turned me around so that my back was facing him. I clenched the sink as the rubbing alcohol sunk deep into the cuts. I felt like a kid who just fell off her bike and got scraped up on the concrete, her father cleaning the cut. The only difference was, I wasn't balling my eyes out and this guy wasn't my father, he was a guy that I was forbidden to love.

     "I can't believe your mom's boyfriend did this to you!" Mr. Jameson said, outraged.

     He pressed harder on the cuts. I groaned out in pain. "Mr. Jam-"

     "That guy needs to be taught a lesson."

     I turned around and faced him. "And what are you going to do? He is a trained Marine. You don't stand a chance."

     "You at least need to call your mom and tell her."

     I looked down at my feet. "I can't do that." Mr. Jameson gave me a 'Why-the-hell-not?' look. "Because my mom is finally happy and I don't want to ruin that. She isn't moping around the house anymore. She dances while she cleans and sings while she cooks. You know how longs it’s been since she's done that? Two years. Two whole fucking years."

     Mr. Jameson's face had a surprised look on his face. Maybe it was because of all that I just said, or maybe it was the curse word that just came out of my mouth. It's a rare occasion when I use any kind of bad words. "What happens if he does the same thing to your mom? What are you going to do then?"

     "That isn't going to happen."

     "Why not? It happened to you, an underage girl."

     A single tear fell from my eyes. He was right, that meant I was wrong. Man, do I not like admitting I was wrong. Therefore, I stayed quiet.

     "You know what, we can just talk about this later. Let me finish cleaning the rest of your cuts."

     He turned me around and continued cleaning my back. The whole time I couldn't help but to look at him through the mirror. His eyes were fixated on my back. How could I be so lucky as to be in the same room as this guy? I've come to the conclusion: This has to be a dream.

     Quick, Robyn, do something. He's looking at you.

     Our eyes met for a split second, before I turned my gaze to the porcelain white sink. Me, being so curious, looked back up at him to see if he was still looking at me. Our eyes met once again, this time I didn't even try to look away. He, then, slowly turned my body around and stared me straight in the eye.

     It was at this time that I remembered that I didn't have my shirt on. I also remembered this all too familiar look in his eyes. It was the look he always gave me when he was about to kiss me.

     He wants to kiss me!

     Although I am head over heels for this guy, he did hurt me and is going to hurt me even more once he moves. As for that, I am going to make this hard for him.

     I turned my head and spoke. "I should probably get to bed."

     "Yeah, you're right. I'll give you another shirt. A black one this time."

     I gave him a half smile. "Thanks I appreciate that."

     That'll show him.