Chapter 13

"There are many ways to manege fear, but I BELIEVE it's more important to realize you are NOT a helpless victim, you are not a fly caught in a spiderweb, and that even bad things happened before, it doesn't mean they will again. You CAN protect yourself. You CAN deal with the fear. You CAN get through this. BELIEVE."

-Wendy Keller

Chapter 13

"But Corey.. I can't.. What about my parents? Just because I hate them right now, doesn't mean I don't love them!" Wait, that sounded weird. Even to me.

"Why do you hate them?" Corey asked softly. Not wanting to answer that question, I stood up and left the room. I wouldn't let him see me cry. Again. I heard him get up from the couch. I quickly found the bathroom and locked the door. I slid down and sat down on the floor with my head resting against the door.

"What have I done?" I quietly asked myself. I heard a knock on the door with a concerned voice that said:

"Baby, please tell me what's wrong," I debated with myself whether to open the door or not. I stood up from the floor, straightening my clothes and wiped the tears away, that had managed to roll down my cheeks. No way I was letting him know I had been crying. I know that people getting a divorce was a common thing and that I shouldn't cry about stuff like that.. But everything seemed hopeless.

I unlocked the door and Corey came rushing through the door, towards me. Sensing my sadness he picked me up and carried me to a bed and laid me down, putting the covers around me and sat on the edge of the bed, holding me hand.

"You know you can talk to me if you want to, Katie. If not now then later, okay? I'll always be there for you and I hope you know that," that was the last thing I heard, before I fell asleep.

"Be quiet! I don't want the whole neighborhood hearing your screams. It is enough that I have to hear it!" I felt heat rising on my cheek and then the pain came. I screamed out in pain, as he slapped me hard across the cheek. Tears fell down my cheeks.

"Shut up! I will do it again if you don't shut your damn mouth!" He yelled. I was so scared. How did he find me? I was shaking in fear, finding it hard to breathing I tried to breathe normally, I just couldn't.

"Pl-please. Please just let me go. I won't t-tell a-a-anyone," I sobbed. I let a out a cry in pain before stumbling to the ground.

"Never, you are mine, and I tend to keep what belongs to me," I heard him whisper. Damian left the room, and left me crying in pain and loss. The loss of the people I loved and cared about. The loss of my life.

"Wake up, Babygirl, you're having a bad dream," I felt someone lightly shake me and a concerned voice. I opened my eyes and saw Corey with a concerned look on his handsome face. I held back the tears in my eyes.

"It's okay, baby. I've got you," Corey pulled me to his chest, making relaxing circles in my back with his thumb. I began to calm down and breathe normally again.

"Th-thanks," I whispered into his chest.

"Anything for you Babygirl," he whispered back.

"You sure you don't want any breakfast? Please say you do!" Corey asked from the kitchen. I walked in laughing and threw a towel after him.

"How many time do you have to ask?" He caught the towel and smiled.

"Until you say yes!" With that said he began to ask over and over and over again. At some point between a 100 and 150 times I just agreed to eat something. I went into the living room and sat down on the couch. He smiled happily and started to make breakfast. For the both of us this time.