Chapter 18

Jack opened the door and smiled at me. A smile that actually looked like a friendly smile. But I knew I could not take any chances with that.

"Where is Carrie? I want to see her. Now." I demanded. I have toughened up since Damian killed my parents. I have also been taking some self-defence classes. Or, Corey taught me a few things. I could not afford to be this scared little girl anymore. I heard Jack laugh a bit.

"Take it easy, Katie. Carrie is fine," Jack said.
"Well, go find her and bring her here so I can see her, only then will I stop fighting all of this. Let her go, and leave her and Corey the hell alone. Got it?" Jack nodded and smiled a mean smile. He went down the hallway to get Carrie. I quickly got my phone from my pocket, texted Corey and put it back.

---- Corey's P.O.V.---

I was just cleaning up a bit, when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw I had a text from Katie. I don't really know why, but I instantly got worried.

'Corey, come quickly. Just go down the road until you get to a huge, white mansion. I'll explain everything when we are home again.
Love u'

 I quickly grabbed a small gun, put it in my pocket and got a hold of the security guys surrounding my house. We all ran to the mansion and saw light in the windows. We quietly got closer, and checked to see if the front door was left unlocked. Luckily for us it was, so we walked inside. I heard Katie's voice. I put my fingers up to count to three and we all got out our guns and walked into the room where I heard Katie's voice.

"Hands where I can see them!" I saw a guy, whom I recognised as one of Damian's friends. He looked scared. Turns out Damian was alway the one to go through with all of the.. Let's just call it 'hard work'. He quickly put his hands up. I saw Katie smiling at me. My team got the guy arrested and put a blanket around Carrie, walked her out, called her parents and all of that. 

---- Katie's POV. ----- 

I ran towards Corey and threw my arms around his neck and whispered a 'thank you' in his ear. He held me tightly. 
"I am so proud of you, Katie. I just think you should have told me what was going on, okay? I was worried sick about you getting hurt. I don't want that to happen, ever again! I love you, Katie. Don't EVER forget that." I just nodded and buried my face in the place where his neck and shoulder meet. 
"Can we go back to your house now?" I asked. I wanted to get away from here. He nodded, put me down and took my hand. I gave Carrie a big hug and told her to call me if she needed anything. Then I walked with Corey back to his house. 

"Katie... I don't want this to be my house anymore.. I want this to be our house. I love you and I want to protect you, but I can't really do that if I can't be around you at all times. I want you to move in with me. I want you to live here. Will you do that for me?" We were sat at the dinner table eating dinner. 
"Uhm.. Woaw, Corey... I.. I don't know what to say.. I.. I would really love to live here with you. But then I will have to get a job. I don't want to live off of your money.. It will make me feel bad.." I said to Corey. He looked at me with a big smile and big happy eyes. 
"So, that's a yes.. Right?" He asked hopefully. I nodded and smiled. We finished our meal and washed the dishes, which of course ended up in a huge waterfight. For the rest of the night we just fooled around, watched a movie and then went to bed. For once we had a nice night to ourselves. An evening I could fully enjoy, because I now knew that there would be nobody to disturb it again. Ever. I was free. I didn't have to worry about Damian, Jack or any of the other jerks, who dedicated their lifes to make mine a living hell. For the first time in a long time, I was happy. I had found peace in my life. I found my missing piece. 

(A/N) so, this is it. The last chapter. I hope you enjoyed this story, and sorry for the short chapter!  :)