chapter 7: outburst

Amidst the lively celebration of Cass's father's birthday, Gio and Miel found a momentary escape from the crowd, a quiet alcove where they could share a private conversation away from the grandeur of the event.

Gio, sensing the need for a more intimate connection, guided Miel to a balcony overlooking the city lights. The soft glow of the evening surrounded them as they stepped into the gentle hush away from the party.

Gio: "Miel, it's a bit overwhelming in there. I thought we could use some fresh air and a quiet moment."

Miel, appreciating the gesture, smiled and nodded.

Miel: "Thank you, Gio. It's beautiful out here. The city lights are mesmerizing."

As they leaned against the balcony railing, the distant hum of the celebration served as a background melody to their private dialogue. Gio, his gaze filled with a blend of sincerity and contemplation, began to express the emotions that had been simmering beneath the surface.

Gio: "Miel, these past few weeks have been quite a journey. I can't help but feel this connection between us, something that goes beyond the projects we work on together."

Miel, with her quiet grace, listened attentively.

Miel: "I've felt it too, Gio. There's a shared passion for our work, but I sense something deeper, something unspoken."

Gio, taking a deep breath, continued.

Gio: "Cass has been an important part of my life, and our friendship is precious. But, I can't deny that something is drawing me towards you. Your simplicity, your passion for your craft—it's captivating."

Miel, nodding thoughtfully, replied, "I understand, Gio. Relationships are complex, and it's okay to feel conflicted. We have time to figure things out."

As they shared their thoughts under the night sky, the private conversation became a moment of vulnerability and honesty. The city lights below mirrored the complexities of their emotions, and in the quietude of the balcony, Gio and Miel faced the uncharted territories of their evolving connection.

The celebration continued behind them, but in that private alcove, Gio and Miel discovered a shared space where the echoes of their conversation lingered like a promise—a promise to navigate the intricacies of their emotions with respect for the connections that had brought them together.

Cass, fueled by a mix of frustration and hurt, stumbled upon Gio and Miel engrossed in their private conversation on the balcony. The soft smiles exchanged between them ignited a wave of emotions within Cass, stirring a sense of betrayal and insecurity that she hadn't anticipated.

As she approached the duo, the warmth of her previous smiles now replaced with a veneer of forced cheerfulness, Cass struggled to contain the turmoil brewing within.

Cass: "Well, well, what do we have here? Gio, Miel, enjoying a little private rendezvous away from the party, I see."

Gio, sensing Cass's change in demeanor, tried to diffuse the tension.

Gio: "Cass, it's not what you think. We were just—"

Cass, cutting him off, turned her attention to Miel with an edge in her voice.

Cass: "Miel, you're quite the master of subtlety, aren't you? First, you stole my Father's attention, now Gio's love. What's your game here?"

Miel, taken aback by the sudden hostility, responded with a calm tone.

Miel: "Cass, it's not about stealing anything. We were having a private conversation, that's all. I respect our friendships and didn't mean to steal anything from you, not our Father, not Gio."