chapter 46: from Luxembourg back to Philippines

In the quiet days that followed Siegfried's interment, Miel and Gio found themselves facing the difficult decisions that lay ahead. With a heavy heart, they sat down to discuss the future, realizing that life would inevitably carry on, even without the presence of their dear friend.

Gio: "Miel, we need to think about where we want to reside. Siegfried's company in Luxembourg, the memories here... It's a lot to process."

Miel nodded, her eyes reflecting a mix of sadness and determination.

Miel: "I know. But I've decided to go back to the Philippines. It's where my roots are, and I want to be closer to family. I'll always cherish the memories we made here, but I need to find a new beginning."

Gio understood Miel's need for a fresh start, and he respected her decision.

Gio: "That makes sense. I'll support you in whatever you decide. But what about the business in Luxembourg?"

Miel: "I've thought about that too. I have a trusted friend and, coincidentally, a cousin of Siegfried who has extensive experience in the business. I'll ask him to handle things here. Siegfried always spoke highly of him, and I believe he's the right person to continue Siegfried's legacy."

Gio: "That sounds like a good plan. We can visit Luxembourg when needed, keeping the connection alive."

Miel managed a small smile, appreciating Gio's understanding and support.

Miel: "Exactly. I want to keep the connection to Siegfried's roots, and visiting Luxembourg will always hold a special place in my heart... We will make sure, on Siegfried's death anniversary and his birthday, we will be here in Luxembourg... But for now, I need to be where I feel a sense of home and family."

Gio: "I'm with you every step of the way, Miel. We'll navigate this together,"

As they faced the challenges of forging a new chapter in their lives, Miel and Gio found solace in their shared memories of Siegfried and the enduring bond that had been strengthened through grief, love, and the unwavering support they provided each other. 

In the Philippines...

Miel informed her father of her arrival in the Philippines.

Miel's father, sensing the weight of recent events, reached out to his daughter, inviting her for a comforting dinner. The familiar warmth of her childhood home provided a sanctuary for Miel, and as they sat down to share a meal, the atmosphere was filled with a mix of love and understanding.

After dinner, a young girl approached Miel with innocent curiosity.

Girl: "Are you my mom's sister? Can I call you Mama or Mommy Miel?"

Miel's heart melted at the sweetness of the request. She hugged the girl, feeling a surge of love and connection.

Miel: "Of course, sweetheart. You can call me whatever makes you feel comfortable."

The girl's innocence brought a sense of joy amidst the lingering grief. As they chatted, the little one's curiosity turned towards Luxembourg.

Girl: "Is Luxembourg a beautiful place? I heard you're from there."

Miel smiled, her eyes reflecting the memories of her life in Luxembourg.

Miel: "Yes, it's a beautiful place with stunning landscapes and charming cities. I'll tell you all about it sometime."

As Miel entered her room, a wave of nostalgia and comfort enveloped her. It was a haven frozen in time, kept just the way she left it – a testament to the love and care her family had for her. The familiar surroundings offered a sense of stability amidst the whirlwind of emotions she had been navigating.