chapter 22: like a sharp blade

The tropical breeze whispered through the palm trees as Gio and Cass embarked on their honeymoon in a picturesque destination. The sun-drenched beaches and azure waters set the scene for what was supposed to be a romantic and idyllic getaway. However, the serenity of the surroundings masked an undercurrent of tension that threatened to disrupt the tranquility.

On one particular evening, Gio's indulgence in alcohol began to stir the uneasy waters. The allure of exotic cocktails and local brews proved to be too tempting for him to resist. As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow on the beach, Gio found himself at the resort's bar, ordering one drink after another.

Cass, observing from a distance, felt a growing sense of frustration and disappointment. The romantic atmosphere she had envisioned for their honeymoon was slowly giving way to concern and irritation. She approached Gio with a gentle yet firm demeanor.

Cass: "Gio, we're here to celebrate our love and enjoy this special time together. Drinking so much is not what I had in mind for our honeymoon."

Gio, under the influence of the drinks, responded with a casual shrug.

Gio: "Relax, Cass. It's just a couple of drinks. We're on vacation, after all."

Cass, her frustration bubbling to the surface, spoke with a tone of sternness.

Cass: "I understand enjoying a drink or two, but this is excessive. I want us to create beautiful memories together, not spend our honeymoon with you intoxicated."

As the night wore on, the tension between Gio and Cass escalated. The romantic evening they had envisioned began to slip away as the alcohol-fueled rift widened. Cass, feeling the weight of unmet expectations, withdrew into the shadows of the moonlit beach, contemplating the implications of this unforeseen challenge.

Amid the tropical paradise, the clash of emotions cast a shadow over the honeymoon bliss. Gio, swaying slightly under the influence, watched as Cass retreated, the gravity of his actions slowly dawning on him. The idyllic atmosphere became tinged with regret, as both husband and wife grappled with the unexpected turn of events on what was supposed to be a celebration of their love.

Under the moonlit sky and the soft rustle of palm leaves, Gio finally realized the impact of his actions. He approached Cass, the alcohol-induced haze beginning to clear.

Gio: "Cass, I didn't mean to ruin your night. I got carried away with my emotions, Miel's memories haunting me, and I'm sorry..."

Cass, her frustration evident, responded with a mix of disappointment.

Cass: "Gio, this was supposed to be a special time for us. I want us to create memories together, not have you drowning your sorrows in alcohol."

Gio, now more lucid, nodded in acknowledgment.

Gio: "You're right, Cass. I messed up but b how can I live without guilt?"

Cass, her expression softening, emphasized the importance of their shared experience.

Cass: "I married you because I wanted a partner in every aspect of life... Because I love you so much, Gio... Please let's make the most of the time we have here. I want us to enjoy our honeymoon together."

Gio: But you know that Miel and I are set for marriage... I cannot understand how it all happened... I was honest with you since the beginning. I value our friendship... I am sorry if I can't sleep with you... Miel occupies my heart and soul, I know you know that... I marry you because of the life in your tummy... Because I will be having a child with...but my love remains with Miel...