chapter 62 : the little ones

Cass...

Cass stood nervously on Gio and Miel's doorstep, her heart heavy with regret and uncertainty. She had rehearsed her apology a hundred times, but now that the moment had arrived, she felt the weight of her mistakes bearing down on her.

Gio opened the door, surprise flickering across his face at the unexpected visitor. Behind him, Miel appeared, her expression softening with concern as she took in Cass's tense demeanor.

"Cass? What brings you here?" Miel asked gently, stepping closer to her friend.

Cass swallowed hard, meeting Miel's compassionate gaze. "I... I need to talk to you both. Can we... can we sit down?"

Without hesitation, Gio and Miel ushered Cass inside, sensing the gravity of her request. They settled into the cozy living room, the air thick with anticipation.

Taking a deep breath, Cass began to speak, her words tumbling out in a rush of emotion. She recounted the events that had led to their estrangement, her voice wavering with regret as she admitted her faults and shortcomings.

"I know I've hurt you both deeply," Cass said, her voice trembling with sincerity. "And I can't expect you to forgive me, but I needed to come here and apologize. I've realized how much I've taken your friendship for granted, and I can't bear the thought of losing you both."

Miel reached out, her hand finding Cass's trembling fingers. "Cass, we've missed you," she said softly, her eyes shimmering with understanding. "And while it's not easy to forget what happened, we believe in second chances. We forgive you."

Gio nodded in agreement, his expression filled with compassion. "We're not perfect either, Cass," he said, his voice gentle. "We've all made mistakes. What matters is that we're willing to learn and grow from them."

Tears welled in Cass's eyes as she felt the weight of their forgiveness wash over her. With a heartfelt embrace, she thanked Gio and Miel for their kindness and understanding, knowing that their friendship was a gift she would never take for granted again.

In that moment, as they sat together in the warmth of their shared love and forgiveness, Cass knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, their bond would remain unbreakable. And with renewed hope in her heart, she embraced the opportunity to rebuild what had once been lost.

After spending precious moments reconnecting with Gio and Miel, Cass felt a mix of emotions swirling within her. While she was grateful for their forgiveness and the chance to mend their friendship, she knew it was time for her to embark on a new chapter of her life.

With a heavy yet hopeful heart, Cass shared her decision to leave for the USA to be with her fiancée. Gio and Miel listened attentively, their expressions a blend of understanding and sadness.

As Vanni considered Cass's invitation to accompany her to the USA, she felt a sense of loyalty and attachment to her family in the Philippines. While the idea of exploring a new country with her mom was exciting, she couldn't bear the thought of leaving behind her beloved Mama Miel and Gio.

With a tender smile, Vanni gently declined Cass's offer. "Mommy Cass, I love you, and I know we'll have amazing adventures together no matter where we are," she began, her voice filled with affection. "But my heart belongs here with Mama Miel and Gio. This is where I feel happiest and most at home."

Cass's eyes glistened with understanding as she embraced her daughter tightly. "I'm so proud of you, Vanni," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "Your happiness means everything to me, and I'll always be here for you, no matter what."