chapter 32 : seeking annulment

As the tension between Gio and Cass escalated over Cass's accusations, the air in their home became thick with unresolved emotions. Gio, feeling unjustly accused, couldn't contain his frustration and anger at the baseless allegations.

Gio: "Cass, how can you even suggest that I'm jealous of Siegfried and Miel? This is absurd! I've moved on from the past, and so should you."

Cass, undeterred and fueled by her insecurities, retorted, "Oh, please! I know you too well, Gio. I can see it in your eyes when you talk about Miel. There's something there."

Gio, struggling to maintain composure, shot back, "This is your issue, Cass. Don't project your insecurities onto me. Miel is a part of our past, and that's where she belongs."

Cass, unwilling to back down, continued to press Gio.

Cass: "I've seen the way you look at her pictures, the way you react when her name comes up. Don't tell me there's nothing there..."

Gio, his patience wearing thin, responded, "Enough, Cass! We have our own life, our own family. Miel is not a threat, and I won't let you turn baseless suspicions into a problem ... Or are you guilty of  the past?"

The tension between them lingered, creating an emotional rift that seemed insurmountable. The echoes of the past, fueled by Cass's jealousy, threatened to unravel the stability they had built in their relationship.

Gio, feeling the weight of the situation, decided to take a step back and suggested, "Let's cool off. We're going in circles, and this isn't helping anyone. I tried hard with this marriage, Cass, but we need to address the real issues instead of creating problems out of thin air."

As the intensity of their argument subsided, the underlying problems in their relationship remained. Cass's jealousy and insecurity, combined with Gio's frustration, set the stage for a deeper exploration of the cracks that had developed over time. The path ahead for Gio and Cass became uncertain, with the need for open communication and mutual understanding more crucial than ever.

In the aftermath of their heated argument, a heavy silence settled between Gio and Cass. The tension in the air hung thick, mirroring the weight of the unresolved issues that loomed over their marriage.

Gio, seeking a moment of respite from the emotional turmoil, retreated to a quiet corner of their home. Cass left alone with her thoughts, grappled with the emotions that had fueled the accusations and confrontations. The echoes of the past, the specter of Miel, and the seeds of doubt had cast a shadow on the foundation of their relationship.

As the hours passed, both Gio and Cass found themselves in contemplation. The realization dawned that their marriage had reached a critical juncture, demanding honest introspection and a willingness to address the root causes of their discontent.

Later that evening, when the air had settled, Gio approached Cass with a more composed demeanor. The lines of communication, though strained, remained open as they navigated the delicate task of discussing their challenges.

Gio: "Cass, we can't keep avoiding the real issues. This jealousy over Miel is eating you, and I need you to understand that I distance myself from her. You need to confront your insecurities and guilt."

Cass, grappling with her vulnerability, responded, "Gio, it's not just about Miel. It's about feeling like I'm not enough like I can't compete with your past. I need reassurance, but sometimes I don't know how to ask for it."

Gio: "You are everything difficult for yourself,"

Their conversation became a pivotal moment—a chance to peel back the layers of resentment and misunderstanding that had accumulated over time.