2- The Lodge

Mercedes
Washington Lodge Grounds
22:00

Mercedes stood with Josh behind her, his arms around her waist as he caught up with Chris and Sam.

"Man, I feel like this mountain gets bigger every time I climb it." Chris groaned, holding his phone up for cell service.

"Yeah? Feels the same to me." Josh grinned, resting his head on Mercedes' shoulder.

"That's cause you grew up here." Mercedes teased, looking up at him.

"Yeah, probably feels like it's shrinking." Chris grumbled.

"I guess that's true." Josh hummed, pressing his lips to Mercedes' cheek.

"When are you gonna install some cell towers up here? I'm getting withdrawals already." Chris complained, continuing to hold his phone up.

"Oh my God, do you do anything other than complain?" Mercedes huffed, rolling her eyes.

Josh laughed a bit, kissing Mercedes again before responding to Chris.

"You got a spare million lying around and I'll fix you right up." Josh joked, taking his hands away from Mercedes' waist and gripping her hand, then started walking up the trail.

"Funny you should say that... ah, I think I left it in my other jacket." Chris followed them, Sam close behind.

"You're not funny Chris." Mercedes groaned, at the same time Josh shrugged and said 'oops'.

"Hey guys." Josh greeted Ashley and Matt. "Get up here okay?"

"Yeah... well, more or less." Ashley mumbled, looking over at Matt. "But it's so good to see you."

"..'sup with him?" Josh mumbled to Mercedes, to which she shrugged.

"Dunno. I'll talk to him in a bit." She whispered back, watching as Matt walked away, following Josh and Chris up the stairs, her hand intertwined with Josh's.

"Yo yo yo, are we gonna get things moving up here or what?" Chris grinned, looking at Josh as he tried the lock.

"Yeah man." Josh grinned back, encircling Mercedes' waist with his arm as Chris started speaking again.

"Hey.. you doin' alright?" Chris asked quietly, making Mercedes look away from Matt and towards Chris. "I mean I know it must be really tough without your sis-"

"Stop." Josh interrupted Chris, tightening his arm around Mercedes' waist, to which she put her hand on his forearm, rubbing it comfortingly.

"I just meant that-" Chris tried to speak again, but Josh cut him off once more.

"No, I know what you meant." Josh said sternly. "You know, seriously, I'm over it, and I just want us to have a really good time, you know? Like we always used to." He spoke before letting go of Mercedes and going back towards the door, trying it again.

Chris nodded, looking at Mercedes who smiled slightly, rubbing his arm.

"Dammit! This freaking thing.." Josh huffed, still trying to unlock the door.