8a- The Wendigo

Mercedes
Washington Lodge
04:23

Not too long after Mercedes and Chris got into the lodge, they heard a scream and someone banging on the front door of the lodge.

"Let me in! Let me in!" Someone screamed.

"Em.." Mercedes whispered, rushing to the door and opening it, everyone following behind her.

Emily fell forward onto the ground. "Shut the door! Oh my god- shut the door!"

Chris quickly slammed the door shut as Mercedes knelt down to Emily, helping her up.

"Em- are- are you alright?" Chris rushed out as Mercedes, Sam, and Ash helped Emily into the living room to sit down.

"I didn't think that I'd make it.." Emily whimpered.

"You were screaming blood murder." Chris exclaimed.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Mercedes asked.

"You look totally wiped." Ashley whimpered.

"There was something-!" Emily babbled, unable to let out full sentences.

"Where's Matt?" Ashley asked.

"Come on. Sit down." Sam said softly as they led her to the couch.

"Something's out there!" Emily whimpered as she sat down, shuffling closer to Mercedes as they sat next to each other.

"What? What's out there?" Mercedes asked, rubbing Emily's arm.

"A monster! There's a monster!" She exclaimed.

"Wait.. are you okay?" Chris asked Emily.

"I- I'm fine. I don't feel anything, I just need to calm down. It was moving so damn fast." Emily whimpered.

"What?" Chris asked.

"I just had to get away." Emily whispered, obviously shaken up.

"Away from what?" Sam asked from Emily's other side.

"There was this thing, whatever it was!" Emily exclaimed.

"Em, Em, you can relax.. Josh was messing with us.. but we-" Sam started but Emily cut her off.

"You're not listening to me!" Emily whimpered.

"Wait, Em.. where's Matt? Is he okay?" Chris asked.

"Matt, oh, God. We couldn't use the cable car so we climbed the tower then it fell and we were down in the mine, like way down, down in this freaking terrifying mine shaft.." Emily whimpered.

"Hold on.. hold on.." Chris mumbled but Emily continued talking.

"And then it was Matt and me down there and.." Emily whispered, tears building in her eyes. "Oh God, I think Matt might be dead."

"What?" Mercedes whispered. "Oh god, Em." She whispered, wrapping her arms around Emily who hugged her back.

"And.. I- I was walking down there in the mines. And it was dark, and I found this pile and there was Beth's head!" Emily exclaimed.