Chapter 9: Old Historic Harriman Hospital

-Audrey's POV-
I woke up and I saw Dakota awake and on his phone. He looked over and saw I was awake.

"Good morning Sweetheart," He smiled at me.

"Good morning, Dak," I smiled back.

He came closer to me and kissed my cheek. I started giggling as he started to go down my cheek and started to kiss my neck. I continued to laugh because it tickled. I started to push him off, but I stopped because I felt safe in his arms. I started crying because I was slowly starting to feel safe.

"Woah, are you okay, Addie?" Dakota asked me.

"Yes, I am. I just realized how safe I feel when I'm with you. I'm getting more comfortable to be affectionate around you. I know you'll help me through the pain, but it's still hard for me to let everything go so quickly. It's just every time that something you do is loving and caring; I cringe because Aryia did that to me. It started good then it turned bad later on. I'm just not ready for everything yet. Can we be friends?" I explained to him as he nodded his head.

He got up and went to the restroom. Now I feel bad. I could tell his demeanor shifted.

-Dakota's POV-

I got up and left because I felt hopeless and lost. I wanted to tell her that I won't ever be like him, but I guess it takes to heal. Being put in the friend zone hurt so bad. I want to cherish her and be an amazing boyfriend and possible husband to her. When I caught feelings for her back then, I told myself 'I'm going to marry her one day.' I just stared at myself and just tears came falling down my cheeks. I turned the shower on and got in. I cried and kept crying until I couldn't cry anymore. I had to let the water hit my face because I didn't want anyone to know I was crying. It made me feel worthless because I can't do anything right when it comes to Addie. I want to comfort her and just be there, but it's like she doesn't want anything to do with me. She changes once I add affection to it.

What happened to her when we almost had sex? What happened to her when she told me she loved me? I don't understand. I washed my hair and body and got out. I dried off and put on the joggers I left in the bathroom. I walked out and I saw Addie was not on the bed. I picked out clothes to wear on the road for Tanner's pick. I grabbed my things and walked out of the room. I headed downstairs and saw Addie talking to Chelsea. I wanted to know what they were talking about, but it's not my business. I packed my things into the RV as I saw Alex and Tanner come out.

"Are you okay, Dak?" Tanner asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine," I fake smiled.

I'm making sure I hide these feelings because I don't want anyone to know about them. Alex looked at me funny. I think he knows something is up with me. Everyone gets ready and gets in the RV. I get to the back bedroom of the RV and shut the privacy screen. I don't understand why this is happening. I want to protect her and love her, but it is like something is telling me now within me. I heard a knock on the privacy screen as I let out a muffled 'go away.'

"Dak, it's me. Come on, open up," Alex knocked again.

I got up and let him in as he shut the privacy screen back.

"What's wrong? I know you gave Tanner a fake smile," Alex can see right through me.

I explained to him about Audrey said about being friends and my feelings towards that. I know he's listening to it, but I know he will side with his sister.

"Look, I know she's been through a lot with Aryia, but I also know you've been through a lot as well. I mean you never really talk about your past relationships," Alex explained as my eyes widened.

"How do you know about that?"

"I overheard you and Tanner talking about it one day," Alex explained as I smacked my head.