Chapter 11: Ashmore Estates

-Audrey's POV-

I woke up in a different bed than the RV. I turned over and saw Dakota on the other bed. I scrunched my eyebrows, not understanding what happened last night. I looked down and noticed I was in pajamas. I looked over on the other side of me and saw Chelsea next to me. I rose and saw my brother and Tanner on the floor. I guess they decided to get one room, and I also think that Chelsea put on these pajamas first. These pajamas are a matching set, and they are black and white tie-dye. The shirt is cropped and the pants are joggers. I got up and tip-toed to the bathroom. I quietly shut the door and looked in the mirror. My makeup was smeared everywhere, and I let out a silent groan. I went back into the room as everyone was still asleep. I grabbed my bag and went back into the bathroom. I turned the shower on and stripped my clothes down. I put my hair in a clip. I grabbed my body wash and face wash and got into the shower. I washed my body and my face. I got out and put on my undergarments, an XPLR hoodie, leggings, and socks. I took my hair down and put it in a messy bun. I walked out of the bathroom and saw everyone was awake. I put my body and face wash back into my bag. 

"Look who's awake before her friends," Alex pointed out as I rolled my eyes. 

"What happened last night?" I questioned them. 

"Well, we were heading here to sleep, but you were already asleep. So, Tanner picked you up and laid on the bed. Chelsea change your clothes into those pajamas so you'll be comfortable," Alex explained as I nodded her head. 

I sat back on the bed and waited for everyone to get ready for the day. I zoned out as I was waiting for this road trip to end. I know everyone will be sad once I announce that I'm moving to Las Vegas and taking a break from paranormal investigations. They need to know that I have to process my emotions and my hard past to help me be prepared to be able to handle a new, healthy relationship. I love Dakota, but I need to heal and pick up these broken pieces on my own. 

"Audrey. Audrey. Audrey," I snapped out of it as Dakota was in front of me, "What were you thinking about?" 

"Nothing," I explained. 

We got up and headed to the RV. This is Alex's pick. 

"My location is going to take a day and a half to get there," Alex explained. 

I went to the back of the RV and changed into black ripped jeans, brown boots, and a camo hoodie. I took my bun done and added curl mousse and sea salt spray. I scrunch my hair which made waves. I added a black necklace and those black rose earrings. I fixed my makeup naturally and added some lip gloss. 

-time skip-

We are Big Thing, Small Town, and explore the weird things there as Alex talks about his pick. Once he got done with that, we got on the road again.

"I will tell you one thing about my pick. We will be doing solos the entire night without flashlights," Alex explained as the rest of us groaned. 

"Why?" I whined. 

"Look, we will be heading to an abandoned silo that turned into a rock-climbing facility. We will be having a competition that may or may not tip the odds in your favor," Alex explained as I sighed. "Whoever gets to the top will win." 

"Do I have to do it?" I asked my brother. 

"No you don't, but the others do," Alex answered me. 

"Why does she not participate in this?" Tanner sighed

"Because technically she is still a guest in this. Also, she doesn't like heights and rock climbing. Trust me, I know my sister," Alex explained as I nodded.