Chapter 15: Investigating Again?!

-Audrey's POV-
-several months later-

I felt so much better after living in Las Vegas for a while. I felt more like myself before Aryia, but I will never be that person before Aryia again. Sam and Colby asked me if I wanted to go to Canada to investigate CelinaSpookyBoo's house with her and Kris. I've met Celina and Kris several times, and when we get together, a lot of shit goes down. I told them I was in a better headspace to investigate. Alex and I keep in touch during these months, and I always update him with anything new. I will keep this a secret because I feel like this trip might be eye-opening. I heard the door knock. I opened the door revealing Sam and Colby.

"Hey, Audrey. Are you ready to go to Canada?" Sam asked me.

"Nope, I still need to pack and get ready," I replied.

"Well, come on and we will help you pack. You'll only need about 3 days of clothes worth for Canada. After the investigation, we are flying back to the States," Colby explained.

We all entered my room, and I grabbed underwear, a bra, socks, leggings, and a sweatshirt. I went into my bathroom and showered. I got out and put lotion all over my body. I put on my clothes and did my skincare routine. I added a little mascara, brow gel, concealer, powder, and blush. I set my makeup using my setting spray. I fixed my hair in Dutch braids. I walked out and saw most of my suitcase was packed.

"We put everything in your suitcase that was lying on your bed. You just got to add your makeup, skincare, and your chargers. What are you going to do about Maverick?" Sam told me.

"Well, I got Tara and Kat to watch him when they can. I each gave them an extra key," I replied as Sam looked uneasy. "Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned her."

"It's fine. I know we need to grow and move on from one another," Sam sighed as Colby pat his shoulder.

-time skip-

We arrived at the airport and checked in. We gave our suitcases to the lady at the desk. We had our backpacks on and we headed to security. We went through security and followed everything. Once we made it through security, we headed to our gate. We sat there as I took a picture of the three of us.

"Are you going to post it?" Sam asked me.

I shook my head. 

"No, I don't want Alex or anyone else to find out I'm investigating again. This is a test run. I watch Project Fear once they post videos, and I do miss them, especially Dakota..." I trail off.

"Yeah, Dakota always comments on missing you when we go golfing with him. Did you watch Blue Balls golf?" Colby asked me.

"Yes, of course I did. I never laughed so hard in my entire life. A part of my healing process was watching that YouTube channel. I watched a lot of videos to help me heal," I explained.

"That's good. Dakota always talks about what he did wrong and what he could have done to prevent you from leaving. He also talked about how he cares for you and just wants to give you everything," Sam mentioned.

I got up and headed to Starbucks. I felt someone behind me, and I turned around and saw Colby running up to me.

"Sam wanted me to be with you wherever you go. He also wasn't expecting you to react to what he said about Dakota," Colby told me.

"I know. It's still hard to not contact him in any way. I told myself that I wouldn't do it because it would hinder the process of my growth. I'm going to Starbucks and get me a coffee. Does Sam want one?" I asked Colby.

"I think so," Colby replied.

We went to Starbucks and grabbed three coffees. I got an iced caffe latte with 4 pumps of brown sugar syrup, 4 pumps of toffee nut syrup, almond milk, cinnamon powder, and light ice. Colby got him and Sam something. We headed back to our gate and we only had an hour before our flight left. I looked through pictures of Dakota and me from our road trips that I was on. I could tell there was love in his eyes, but when I looked into mine, there was absolutely nothing there. I sighed at the thought of how I was acting at that moment. I put in my headphones and listened to "Hollow" by Tori Kelly ft. Big Sean. The lyrics of the song resonate with me. I just see Dakota in my mind.