Chapter 10: The Winchester Mystery House

-Audrey's POV-

We were on the road for about a day and a half and needed to stop to take showers and get some rest. The RV stopped at a hotel, and I think we were near Chelsea's location. I wanted a room by myself, but Chelsea insisted on us staying in a room together, and the boys would stay in a room together. Chelsea was in the bathroom taking her shower. I texted Sam about moving to Las Vegas, and he agreed I should. He also sent a picture of Maverick. I figured they would love on Maverick for me. Sam and Colby know about my crush on Dakota and are waiting for the moment we get together. I told them it might not happen because I didn't want to deal with another Aryia. They try to change my mind, but I shut them down quickly. The bathroom door opened, and Chelsea wore shorts and a sports bra. I grabbed shorts, underwear, and a T-shirt. I set them on the toilet seat top, and I went to grab my toiletries.

"Are you okay, Audrey?" Chelsea asked me.

"Yep, perfectly fine," I fake smiled.

"I know that something is up with you," She mentioned. 

"Look, I am moving to Las Vegas and taking a break from paranormal stuff. If you guys do any more investigations, I am not participating. I need time to heal and get over this bullshit about Aryia," I explained as Chelsea frowned. 

"No, I don't want you to. You are my best friend. What about Dakota?" Chelsea questioned me. 

"I still like him, but I think he needs to leave me be for a while because I need help," I explained. 

"Okay, I guess that makes sense. When will you be telling the rest of us?" Chelsea sat on her bed. 

"I don't know. I think it will be on the last investigation we do for this season," I explained to her as I grabbed my toiletries. 

I walk back into the bathroom and shut the door. I pick out the products I need for my shower, and I put them in. I turn on the shower and get in. I wash everything from head to toe. Once, I finish everything; I get out. I dried off and put on biker shorts and a sports bra. I did my skincare routine. I walk out of the bathroom and notice that Chelsea is asleep. I get into my bed and curl into the blankets. I wish this trip would end soon. 

-time skip-

I get up and put on leggings, a zip-up hoodie, and sneakers. I fix my hair into two Dutch braids. 

"Also, before we leave, you might want to grab your bathing suit as well," Chelsea explained to me. 

I grab my bathing suit and quickly put it on, underneath my clothes. My bikini is a dark and light blue tie dye. The top is a halter top that ties at the neck and back. The bottoms are very cheeky. It's almost like a thong. 

We grab our stuff and head to the RV. We get on the road again. 

-time skip-

"The one thing I love about being in charge is I get to choose the destination. And I am holing us out of the cold and wintery climate of the east to California." Chelsea giggles. 

"Finally, out of the cold," Alex gets excited. 

"Yeah, no more cold weather! Hello to wearing bikinis and shorts!" I smiled. 

"We've never done any part of our road trip in California before. This is the first time," Dakota mentioned. 

I snap a look at Dakota, and he's looking at me. I turn my head over to Chelsea. 

"I would never have brought you to California if it wasn't for a specific reason, and the location I chose is unlike anything we've ever experienced before," Chelsea's tone changes, "Well, this is our pitstop. Have fun guys."