Chapter 23.

When Tina came home that day, she saw that the house was empty and Yibo was not there, which made her a little irritated, but she still chose to wait for him to come back, however, she waited for a long time and he did not return.

She called him and even messaged him, but he did not reply, which made her even more mad!

Was he ignoring her now? How dare he! Idiot fool!

And this continued for the next four days, Whenever she came home at night, Yibo was never there at home, and he would never answer her calls or answer her texts, and that made her even pissed, In the morning, she always left early so she never saw him coming in.

She no longer knows his schedule or what he is up to, and that was really frustrating. As she walked through the house, she thought of seeing and talking to Yibo on Sunday which would be the day when she was off, and she was sure that Yibo would be off that day as well.

Meanwhile, Yibo was in his office, working on the software with full focus.

"Here." Someone placed a cup of hot coffee beside him, and he saw that it was none other than Ziyi who gave her a smile.

On his first day, he was shocked to see her here, but then she told him that she also quit her job to join Yibo here since she was also offered the job here, and she took the offer.

Yibo was very glad to see her here, as he really enjoyed her company, and he loved to talk to her and not just her, the people in his new workplace were all amazing.

His new manager, named Zhang Zhehan, was also very kind and helpful. On Yibo's first day of work, he assisted him and explained to him all the things that he would need to do, and he was very patient. At first, Yibo was a little nervous, as he was worried that the new manager might turn out like Callum but that was not the case.

Zhehan was very patient with him, and he answered all of Yibo's questions with detailed explanations. He also made sure to check up on him and see if there was something that he needed. For which Yibo was really grateful.

Yibo also made good friends with another girl named A-Xiang. She was a kind, bubbly girl, who was very skilled with codes and programs and loved computers, and she was the one who piqued his interest when Yibo saw how much knowledge and wisdom A-Xiang had regarding computers. He asked her to teach him too. To which she happily agreed, and Yibo couldn't be happier.

Overall, he loved working here. So much so that he forgot about all his troubles and problems, whenever he would come to the office, he put his phone on silent and didn't bother with it.

He did see the missed calls from Tina and others, but he didn't feel like calling any of them because he didn't want to be scolded or called an idiot. He was happy right now and he wanted to be happy for some more time.

"How is everyone doing?" Zhan asked as he came to the room, and everyone greeted him with a smile. He looked around, and his eyes fell on Yibo, whose focus was back to work. Zhan smiled as he looked at Yibo. This man really loved computers and programs; it looks like Zhan had tough competition.

Zhan made his way to Zhehan, who greeted him, "Hello sir."

"Hello, Mr. Zhang. So, tell me, how is the new employee." Zhan said as he looked at Yibo and Zhehan spoke, "Well, sir, he is your choice, and just as always, your choice is perfect. I have learned to not question your choice after you brought in A-Xiang and now Yibo, the man is a gem. And he is really hardworking."

"I am happy to hear that," Zhan said as he glanced at Yibo, but when he saw Yibo leaning closer to A-Xiang and whispering something to her, he didn't know why he didn't feel good.

And when he saw Yibo's hand brushing against A-Xiang's, something flashed in his mind, and his heart burned with perhaps fury, while coldness seeped in his eyes.

Zhehan noticed his gaze and said, "Yibo was very interested in learning the latest programming language as well as hacking from A-Xiang, he was very impressed by her."

"I see." Zhan said with a smile, "Mr. Zhang, please inform Yibo that I have requested his presence in my office."

"Sure sir."

~~

"Come in." Zhan said in response to the knock at his door, he looked up and saw Yibo coming in through the door.

"You called for me?" he asked, and Zhan smiled before he motioned for him to come closer to him.

Yibo followed and came close to Zhan, but Zhan asked him to come even closer, so now Yibo was standing right beside him. Zhan suddenly grabbed his hand and pulled him away, making him sit on his lap.

Yibo's eyes widened as he yelled, "Zhan... you..." He became quiet when he looked at Zhan and noticed how close Zhan's face was to his face.

Yibo gulped as he looked into Zhan's calm and gentle eyes, filled with adoration. They looked so ethereal and so beautiful that Yibo felt enchanted, perhaps because Zhan was the only one who looked at him with so much love, passion, hunger, and care. There was so much more that Yibo couldn't understand, but one thing was sure: Zhan's eyes were really beautiful.

"What are you looking at?" Zhan asked, and Yibo's face turned red as he looked away. There was a weird sensation in his body, his stomach felt weird, and his heart skipped a beat.

Was he getting sick or what?

He tried to get up, but Zhan tightened his hold on Yibo and refused to let him go. "You know you make it so hard for me," Zhan whispered in Yibo's ear. And suddenly Yibo felt a shiver run down his spine, but it was not in a bad way.

"Are you scared of me?" Zhan asked as he looked at Yibo but he shook his head.

"Are you uncomfortable?" Zhan asked.

"No."

"Are you disgusted?" Zhan asked again.

"No," Yibo replied honestly, and if anything, Yibo felt content.

Zhan smiled, "Then do you like sitting like this?" He asked as he kept his head over Yibo's shoulder and hugged him tighter, Yibo thought for a while before he said, "Yes... I do."

Zhan smiled, as he looked up, and once again faced Yibo, he then moved closer to Yibo. Yibo was flustered as he closed his eyes and pressed his lips, and after a second, he felt something soft on his cheeks. That made him open his eyes wide as he looked at Zhan.

"My adorable baby cheeks." Zhan said, "What are you doing on Sunday?"