Chapter 17: A New Day

"Rise and Shine, Islanders!" Monokittys begrudgingly annoying voice rang through the speakers. "Its currently 7 AM and it is beautiful out! Perfect day for a wonderful murder! ...Or- maybe not today! That comes soon enough though! However, after breakfast I have quite the surprise for you all! You'll just have to wait and seeee!"

Neku groaned, pulling the pillow over his head in anger. "Goddammit, sometimes I really wanna punch that robot cat in the face." Pulling away the pillow, he turned to his side to see Haru laying beside him as he jumped up in fright, covering his mouth all the while.

'When the hell did she- ...Ohhh yeah.' Neku thought to himself, as a frown came over him. '..Madison. Roger. Both died so brutally yesterday, and now theres only fifteen of us left? Fuck.'

Looking over Haru, Neku noted she looked so peaceful. Albeit her hair was a slight mess, and she was slumped to the side somewhat snoring. 'Heh. Shes adorable sleepin like that, and barely paying attention to the announcement. ..Kinda wish I could be knocked out that cold.'

Thinking for a moment, Neku looked to the side of his bed and grabbed his tablet. Opening up, he noticed some talk in the group chat. All seemed to be peaceful, but some seemed to be forcing interaction.

Kai: Good Morning, everyone. Are we avaliable to meet in the Dining Hall possibly? Im..Concerned regarding Monokittys little- announcement.

Aaron: Hey, big guy! How you feeling this morning? ...You sure you can handle being around-

Toshiro: You sure you could shut the fuck up?

Aaron: Nope! :p

Toshiro: Figures -_-

Roxy: Hello people. I seeeee youuuuu O)_(O

Kai: ..Id..Like to say, whilst I am still. Hurt. Disgusted..amongst other things after the events of last night, one such as myself must remember my peers come first.

Aaron: Yeah, but self cares important too yknow! Dont rush yourself, we understand!

Kai: I appreciate the concern, Mr. Finley, but..

Aaron: whos butt we talking? Kenshiros? Nah, thats for Ichigo 👀

Ichigo: AARON! 😨

Aaron: I mean, is the rumors trueeeee? 🧐😏

Ichigo: ...Theres rumors now?! 😳

Kenshiro: Kenshiro no understand whats happening, but...Friends seem sad. Here! Kenshiro show Bunny to cheer up friends!

A GIF then popped up, showing a cute fluffy white bunny wiggling its ears and nose, while using its paws to clean itself as Neku chuckled slightly and smiled.

Turning off the tablet, Neku took a stretch and decided to hop into the shower and clean himself up. Once done, he changed into a new set of clothes from the many all too similar outfits packed in his closet.

"Even still, this STILL unnerves me!" Neku said to himself. "...Fuckin weird they have outfits for all of us, all in our exact sizes and proportions."

Shrugging it off, Neku went over to Haru and attempted to wake her up only for her to reply with a soft snort and eyes half open. "h-huh? Whats- Whats going on?"

"Oh, shit did I interuppt your beauty sleep?" Neku joked, as Haru stared blankly. "..Yes, in fact you did. Rule 1 of Women, dont interrupt them while theyre sleeping."

"Youre certainly somethin else when cranky, huh?" Neku genuinely asked, as Haru groaned. "Five more minutess, ok?" She yawned. "I just..Wanna sleep in a bit more today."