102

He rubbed his eyes and took out a communication device from his pocket, and, after making it float midair, laid back down on the desk. He turned his head towards the window, obviously irritated, as he turned it on.

Cory seemed to be receiving a call. The device was shining brightly and ringing quietly. Cory began speaking, eyes closed.

[What again?]

[I have something I need to ask of you again.]

I could hear Yves’ voice through the communication device.

It was Yves’ fake voice–the one that I hadn’t heard in a long time. I was curious about their conversation, so I placed my ear near the device. I didn’t like eavesdropping, but this was my dream anyway.

I tried to focus on Yves’ voice when the darkness that surrounded me before began to overtake me.

The darkness surrounded me only for a brief moment. A new wave of light overtook me.

And in that moment, my eyes blinked open.

I saw the familiar ceiling of my dorm room, and my magic alarm clock was ringing loudly next to me. I was peeved off by it so I broke it right then.

I was awake, but I didn’t feel awake. It felt like I had travelled briefly and had just returned. I felt blank and exhausted so I caught my breath. Suddenly, the circle on the back of my hand flashed brightly and the magic inside of me strengthened. I could feel some strength coming back to me.

I didn’t have a clue what was happening. The dream I woke up from was clear in my head but I felt dazed.

I decided to stand up and head to my dresser to wake up completely. My eyes were dim from sleep so I fished around for the handle for a few moments before I caught it.

When I opened my dresser, I saw that it was full of dresses, accessories, and shoes. Just until my junior year, it was filled with my uniform, the neon dress, and that orange dress. Now, it was filled with a ton of different dresses and ornaments. This was everything that Yves had given to me at the junior end party.

Ugh, it’s too bright.

My mind flashed awake as I stared at the expensive looking ornaments. The shine of the ornaments were so bright that they even reached Hazel, who was still asleep. Hazel frowned as she pulled up her blankets and went back to sleep.

I hurriedly closed it back in case Hazel woke up and headed to the restroom. It was then.

I was passing by Hazel’s desk when I saw something strange.

“A magic recording device…..?”

There was a ton of recording devices and cameras on the desk.

I knew it wasn’t right, but I was nervous about the amount of devices that were on the desk so I decided to take a peek.

[Eu, eu…………Uhhhh…………..Euh…………]

In the device was a video of me, laying down on the bed and doggy paddling as hard as I could.

I could hear Hazel stifling her laughter from within the recording. She tried to hold in her laughter as she held on to the device, then gave up and put the device on the desk to keep recording me.

In the video, I could see Hazel slamming her fist on her desk as she laughed and me, doggy paddling in my sleep. In the other devices were clips of my backstrokes, my breaststrokes, and butterfly strokes.

“……..”

I tangled up all of the magic circles in her devices so they would all have errors.

“……”