𝟖 : 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞

Minho , Scout , Chuck and Newt were all outside the slammer waiting for Thomas to wake up

Teresa was inside with him.

His eyes burst open.

"Hey. Are you ok?" Teresa asked thomas as he sat up.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Chuck asked harshly.

"What happend?" Asked a confused Thomas. looking at the 4 kids sitting outside the slammer.

"Gally taken control. He said we have a choice. Join him. Or get banished at sun down with you." Newt explained.

"The others agreed to that?" Thomas asked.

"Gally has everyone convinced your the reason all this has happend.

"Well he's been right so far." Thomas mumbled. Teresa heard him though.

Her head shot up to look at Scout. Scout broke eye contact and looked at a confused Minho.

"what are you talking about?" Minho asked.

"This place. It's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison it's a test. It all started when we were kids. You know they'd give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month. Like clockwork." Thomas explained.

"Sending them up into the maze." Newt figured.

"Yea but not all of us." Thomas stated.

"what?" Scout finally spoke. Asking curiously.

Thomas looked at her sadly.

"Guys i'm one of them. The people who put you here. I worked with them. Hell i've , watched you guys for years. The entire time you've been here i was on the other side of it." Thomas explained. Sadly.

"So were you." Thomas spoke up.

Looking straight at Teresa.

"What?" She asked. Scared.

"No. No that can't be true." She tried to deny.

"Why would they send us up if we were them.?" Teresa asked horrified. 

"Doesn't matter."

"No He's right. It doesn't matter. Any of it. Because the people we were before the maze they don't even exist anymore. These creators took care of that. But what does matter it who we are now. and what we do now."

Newt explained. His words firm and strong.

"You went into the maze and found a way out." Newt finished. Strongly.

"Yea but if i hadn't Alby would still be alive." Thomas explained sadly. He didn't want Alby to die.

"Maybe." Newt answered. Sadly.